- Diploma: Certificate (diploma optional)
- Mode: Full-time
- Course date: 28 September - 02 October 2020
- Duration: 5 days
- Accreditation: ATHEA
Promoting investment in emerging economies
The Project Finance program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
MSM has designed one of the first courses in Europe that comprise an introduction to blended financial instruments, a critical knowledge area to take full advantage of a new generation of financial sources aimed at promoting private investment in emerging economies.
"Collaboration is the key. Other thoughts and experiences are often better than your own. Starting from this fact I had the honor to participate in the most diverse group I ever had. The magic of playing with the case studies and presenting your teamwork to all the participants was outstandingly amazing. It is not only an executive course about project finance nor project management, it is how your real experience being applied to the new knowledge you are going to acquire".
Hisham Sherif, participant of MSM's Project Finance & Project Management program in October 2019.
2015 has been a critical year for global economic development. Leaders from around the world adopted a global 2030 development agenda at a UN Summit in September 2015. The new global goals called the Sustainable Development Goals, are ambitious and demand equal ambition in using the “billions” in Official Development Assistance to channel and crowd-in “trillions” in investments of all kinds: public and private, national and international. These goals will drive the global economic development agenda over the next 15 years.
Taking full advantage of blended financial instruments to finance business projects that will create jobs and boost economic development is a critical challenge for business people all around the world.
Did you know that you can combine this course with the Project Management course which will run the week before? Combining these two courses will save you up to a maximum of €500,-
Project Finance course by Rui Santos from ExperienceMSM on Vimeo.
Reasons to follow this program
- Financing for Development (FIN4DEV) is a breakthrough topic, still being publicly disseminated, with limited access to structure content as the one will be provided in this course.
- Blended Financial Instruments are a new trend in public-private ventures, offering an all-new array of opportunities to private investors.
- The capacity to design relevant, feasible and effective investment projects is crucial to have access to blended financial instruments.
During the course the following topics will be discussed:
- Introduction to Financing for Development
- The Role of the Private Sector in Financing for Development
- Private Finance for Development
- The Financing Role of Multilateral Development Banks
During the course the following approaches will be used:
- Group work
Lectures are based on practical assignments that are conducted by workgroups. The outcome of the assignments are presented in the classroom and discussed with colleagues. Throughout the process, students prepare themselves the examples that illustrate the theoretical concepts shared during the lectures, while strengthening their presentations skills.
mohamed_hassan / Pixabay
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the program. It is also possible to obtain an MSM diploma for a program. To earn an MSM diploma you have to complete a written assignment in which you show that you have successfully applied the learning outcomes of the program. The assignment needs to be completed 30 days after the last day of the program. When your assignment meets our requirements, you will be awarded the diploma. The fee for this assignment is €160. In case you would like to know more about the assignment of the program of your choice, please contact us at email@example.com
Rui Miguel Santos
Expert and trainer in Results-Based Management and Evaluation of Development Programs & Projects
Rui Miguel Santos has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in countries around the world (including Estonia, Moldova, China / Macau, Cameroon, Gabon, and Senegal). He is a Portuguese national and lectures at various institutions including:
- The three most prestigious Portuguese universities (Technical University, New University, and Catholic University)
- The Netherlands (Maastricht School of Management)
- Rwanda (Rwanda Institute of Administration and Management)
- Moldova (Academy of Public Administration)
Throughout his career, Rui has delivered training courses to students from more than 30 countries and is familiar with diverse, multicultural audiences.
Mirjana Stanisic MSc
Expert and lecturer in Project Management
Mirjana Stanisic has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in emerging and countries in transition (Egypt, Romania, Bangladesh, Serbia, and Montenegro). She worked previously as a national expert in Serbia and Montenegro and has several years of experience in international cooperation with relevant international bodies for the environment and climate change. Mirjana participated in various projects and programs funded by UNEP, UNECE, World Bank, IUFRO, Nuffic, etc. Currently, she is working as a lecturer and consultant at Maastricht School of Management, conducting training sessions in project management, proposal writing and various topics related to sustainable development.
Fees & Funding
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is €2,799
The tuition fee includes all course materials, study materials, refreshments during classes and lunch every class day. The tuition fee does not include housing, other food, and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Scholarship opportunities can be combined up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
- 15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- 25% for 3 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- 40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor-made program
European Star Scholarship:
- 50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 pages essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
- 15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
- Check our website to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship).
- MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for the minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fees will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program, MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
- If an admitted participant decides against participation after the tuition fee has been paid, cancellation costs are €200,- (administrative costs)
- In case the cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
- No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled participant, with the written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another participant before the start of the course. Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
- Participants who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
- For the program running from 28 September - 02 October 2020: 28 August 2020
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at a Bachelor's level. Because it is an interactive program, candidates should have an adequate level of spoken and written English to be able to follow the program and to actively participate. If it turns out that an applicant does not have a sufficient level of English, a certificate will not be awarded.
About the School
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands with a large worldwide network of students, alumni and partners. MSM is a personal ... Read More