The Certificate in Proficiency in English provides students with a strong foundation in English that will enable them to advance their studies in Higher Education. The Proficiency in English programme is designed for students who wish to pursue advanced courses at Informatics centres or to improve their English in a social or business context. It will bridge the differences in skills and knowledge set between students with diverse educational backgrounds, including those whose first language is not English. This programme serves to prepare students for the IELTS or TOEFL test. The course covers the following components:
- Composition/Writing skills
- Oral Skills
Combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in a classroom environment at Informatics Academy campus. Lessons are typically in blocks of 4-hour sessions.
- Full-Time: January, April, June, September
- Part-Time: The course is not offered in 2018. Please inquire for more details.
- Pre-Elementary – ENG000
- Elementary – ENG100
- Intermediate – ENG200
- Advanced – ENG300
- Professional – ENG400
|Domestic Students||International Students|
|Full-time||S$ 9,416.00||S$ 9,416.00|
(Fee Protection Scheme)
|S$ 65.91||S$ 65.91|
|Non-Refundable Application Fees||S$ 107||S$ 321|
|Student Pass Processing And Administrative Fees||NIL||S$ 321|
All fees stated above are indicative and inclusive of 7% GST. Refer to the personalized PEI-Student Contract for detailed fee payment schedule.
- English Language: Determined by Informatics English Placement Test result.
- Students who have other relevant qualifications may be given exemptions, subject to prevailing rules and regulations of Informatics Academy. Students may be required to undertake an entrance test to assess his competency and depending on their score, they may be granted exemption in some courses. Students may be required to take Placement Tests to assess their standard of English to determine the level they could be enrolled.
- Minimum Age: 15
- Academic Qualifications: NA
Students will be assessed 100% by coursework. Coursework may be in the form of class tests and assignments. Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
Upon successful completion of all modules, students will be awarded Certificate in Proficiency in English awarded by Informatics Academy
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Proficiency in English awarded by Informatics Academy, the student is eligible to apply for an Informatics Academy Foundation programme.
About the School
Established in 1983 to address Asia’s need for IT expertise, Informatics Academy has transformed through the years into a centre of excellence in higher learning. By offering diplomas and degrees in v ... Read More