The Certificate in Professional Cookery is an accredited 4-week chef foundation program designed to teach amateur cooks the skills required to cook to a professional standard. At the end of the course you will have the skills to start your career as a junior chef in a professional kitchen, launch your own catering enterprise, or simply enjoy the life skills of an accomplished cook.
Over 4 weeks, this structured course will give you expert training from our experienced chef tutors in modern cookery techniques. This course incorporates a Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills QCF qualification accredited by the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality.
This course offers over 30 hours of practical cookery a week to teach you to the core skills required to cook to a professional standard, whether in a restaurant kitchen, a cafe, a ski chalet or as part of a catering business.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Typical ambitions of those that take this course include:
- launching a career as a professional chef;
- launching a catering business;
- opening a cafe or bistro;
- working as a cook/host in ski chalets or on boats.
- life skills and personal development.
Certificates & Qualifications
- Ashburton Chefs Academy Certificate in Professional Cookery
- CTH Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Food safety & hygiene
- Professional kitchen practices
- Knife skills
- Vegetable preparation
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare meat, poultry & fish
- Pastry, cakes, biscuits & breads
- Farinaceous dishes
- Desserts & Patisserie
- Vegetarian dishes
- Modern Cooking Techniques
- Plating & Presentation Skills
About the School
At the Ashburton Chefs Academy, all of our chef tutors are professional chefs with extensive experience in catering and working as head chefs in highly rated restaurants.