This program is registered with Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. CFP Board is a certifying organization whose mission is to benefit the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning.
Who Should Attend
- Bankers, accountants, stockbrokers and
- Mid-career professionals in the finance industry who want to hone their skills
- College graduates and other individuals
- who are considering a career in personal financial planning
Occupational summary for personal financial advisors in the United States.
- Jobs: 205,336 (2016)
- Projected Growth: 28.10% (2017-2027)
- Annual Salary: $58k-$161k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Obtain knowledge and skills that will enable you to offer sound financial advice and quality client service
- Acquire the job knowledge requirements to sit for the CFP® Board’s CFP® Certification Examination
- Strengthen your professional network
- Program formats include: online and on campus (regular and accelerated)
Note: Students pursuing the educational requirements to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination are required to complete the 8 required courses. Upon completion, please create an account at www.cfp.net and then email FinancePrograms@ce.uci.edu with your CFP ID# to have your eligibility submitted to the CFP Board. For those eligible for Challenge Status, you only need to complete the capstone Practicum course. To submit your eligibility for the CFP® Certification Examination, please email education@CFPBoard.org with your full name, CFP ID#, transcript for the capstone course and documentation verifying your designation to qualify for challenge status. Students who pass the examination must also fulfill the work experience and ethics requirements as required by the CFP Board to become a Certified Financial Planner™. For more information about these requirements, visit the CFP Board at www.cfp.net.
Choose the path that fits your needs: complete this program in as little as one year by taking two courses per quarter. Please contact Francine Berg at FinancePrograms@ce.uci.edu for assistance in developing a personalized course plan.
- Principles of Financial Analysis (3 units)
- Survey of Personal Financial Planning (4 units)
- Insurance Planning (4 units)
- Investment Planning (4 units)
- Income Tax Planning (4 units)
- Retirement Planning (4 units)
- Estate Planning (4 units)
- Personal Financial Planning Practicum (4.5 units)
- Personal Financial Planning Internship (4.5 units)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 2, 2018