Certificate in Leadership and Civic Engagement
Leadership and Civic Engagement Program
- Counseling and Advising: (530) 895-2378
- Transfer Counseling Center: (530) 895-2264
- Transfer information: www.assist.org
- Department Office: Student Activities Department (530) 895-2427
- Kelly Munson, Advisor (530) 895-2945
About the Program
The Certificate in Leadership and Civic Engagement will give students a foundation and hands-on experience in leadership theory and civic engagement activities. The courses focus on the themes of understanding self, understanding others, working in teams, civic engagement, and social and global responsibility and are applicable to all areas of study and careers. Students will have the opportunity to seek out and perform in leadership positions throughout the program and will participate in a monthly cohort.
Certificate in Leadership and Civic Engagement (13 Units)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Describe the history and current trends of leadership and civic engagement theories and models.
- Identify the steps and demonstrate skills necessary to plan, implement and lead civic engagement projects.
- Perform in leadership positions on campus or in the community.
- Articulate a personal awareness of their own strengths, deficits, and areas for growth as a leader.
Required courses for the certificate:
- Exploring Leadership
- Introduction to Service Learning
- Life Management
- Personal and Social Growth and Wellness
- Public Speaking
- Small Group Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- World Cultures
- Environmental Ethics
- Sociology of Inequality
- Our Sustainable Future
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017