Certificate in Customer Service Excellence Co-op
This 31-week program will train you to become a leader in delivering unparalleled customer service and experiences. With 12 weeks in a co-op placement in sector-related establishments such as hotels, restaurants, or other hospitality and tourism places, gain transferable skills in service excellence. Learn from industry experts on hospitality management such as front desk operations, food and beverage, and customer service. Students will develop core competencies such as problem-solving, relationship-building, leadership, and teamwork. Stay on top of the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry while learning industry-recognized tools such as the Oracle Property Management system. Enjoy a 3% discount if you pay your fees in full. We also offer guaranteed Co-op placement in a field related to your program. Start online, finish on campus.
This program will allow you to:
- Focus on the latest developments in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Identify and understand the techniques and theoretical knowledge required in the modern hospitality and tourism environment.
- Develop competencies such as effective problem solving, communication skills, excellent customer service skills, leadership, and teamwork.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills needed to be successful in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
- Age 18 or older
- IELTS of 5.0 or equivalent for non-native English speakers
*A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country are considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
**Mature students must pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
- World Education Services- wes.org
- The University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service – learn.utoronto.ca/ces
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- icascanada.ca
** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam with a minimum score of 15.
Graduates can go onto careers in a variety of different industries including:
- Hotels, Motels, Resorts: Front desk agent, room attendant, in-room dining attendant, concierge, registration agent
- Restaurant, Bars and other food and beverage establishments: Servers, hostess, bartenders
- Travel Agencies and transportation: Sales representative, tour guide, travel agent, visitor information counselor
31 weeks, including scheduled breaks