(Offered at all campuses)
To prepare students for the Florida State Board of Cosmetology Examination in order to become licensed Cosmetologists with a professional demeanor and a successful track record of knowledge, salon business, and employability. By demonstrating these key factors, we will be able to provide a well-rounded graduate. To help students build their confidence and prepare them for the real world.
CLOCK HOURS: 1,200
The Cosmetology program prepares students with knowledge in all facets of the beauty industry. Students acquire proficiency in hair, skin, makeup, and nails. Foundational skills grow while learning on mannequins, classmates, and volunteer models. Gradual program skills advance to working with customers in a controlled salon setting under the supervision of licensed professionals. Techniques include runway fashion, wedding styles, special hair effects, up-dos and all facets of hair care and styling. The curriculum satisfies state requirements for professional licensing, equipping graduates to work in salons, barbershops, and spas.
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- BMU102 FACIAL MAKEUP (21 Hours)
- COS101 LIFE SKILLS AND ETHICS (25 Hours)
- COS102 PROPERTIES OF HAIR & SCALP (25 Hours)
- COS103 SCALP CARE, SHAMPOOING & CONDITIONING (30 Hours)
- COS104 SANITATION (20 Hours)
- COS105 BASICS OF CHEMISTRY & ELECTRICITY (20 Hours)
- COS106 ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY (20 Hours)
- COS107 PRINCIPLES OF HAIR DESIGN (10 Hours)
- COS108 HAIRSTYLING (195 Hours)
- COS109 WIGS, EXTENSION, & BRAIDING (10 Hours)
- COS110 HAIRCUTTING (50 Hours)
- COS111 CHEMICAL TEXTURE SERVICES & PERMANENT WAVING (95 Hours)
- COS112 HAIRCOLORING (75 Hours)
- COS113 SEEKING EMPLOYMENT (10 Hours)
- COS114 ON THE JOB (10 Hours)
- COS115 SALON BUSINESS (10 Hours)
- COS116 FLORIDA LAWS FOR COSMETOLOGY (6 Hours)
- COS117 STATE BOARD REVIEW (350 Hours)
- NT113 THE NAILS (60 Hours)
- SKI115 SKIN STRUCTURE & GROWTH (87.5 Hours)
- SKI116 FACIALS & FACIAL TECHNIQUES (66.5 Hours)
- FACIAL MAKEUP (10 SERVICES)
- SCALP/HAIR CARE (45 Services)
- SHAMPOO (50 Services)
- SANITATION (640 Services)
- HAIRSTYLING (300 Services)
- HAIRCUTTING (75 SERVICES)
- CHEMICAL WAVING, RELAXING & STRAIGHTENING (65 Services)
- HAIR COLORING (45 Services)
- NAILS (40 SERVICES)
- FACIALS (5 SERVICES)
- HAIR REMOVAL (5 SERVICES)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Textbook, Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Workbook for Theory and Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Workbook for Practical.
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag, and a hair, makeup and nail kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 1,200 hours, services, exams and fulfills all financial obligations to the school, a certificate will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 25 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 11 months
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month thereafter. Federal Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 requires proprietary and vocational colleges to provide an eligible program of training to prepare students for Gainful Employment. Below you will find information for related occupations listed for Cosmetology. The web link will provide information for tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, education, interests, work styles, work values, related occupations, wages and employment trends, other sources and additional information. Also included is the on-time graduation rate, tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, job placement, and median loan debt incurred.
CIP Code: 12.0401
CIP Description: Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
Cosmetology includes occupations such as Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists, Vocational and Postsecondary Education Teachers, First-Line Supervisor/Managers of Personal Service Workers and Shampooers.
SOC Code: 39-5012
SOC Description: Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists
SOC Code: 25-1194
SOC Description: Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary
SOC Code: 39-1021
SOC Description: First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers
SOC Code: 39-5093
SOC Description: Shampooers
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies||Total|
|Room & Board||Total with Room & Board|
Overall Placement Rate: 88.38%
On-Time Graduation Rate: 61%
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.
Students borrowing for the Cosmetology program have a median loan total indebtedness of $9454.00 after graduation. Monthly payments for the Direct Loan program must start at $50.00. To calculate your monthly repayment amount for your total student loan borrowed you can access www.finaid.org/calculators.
Median Loan Debt for Private Educational Loans after graduation: N/A
Median Loan Debt for Institutional Loan debt after graduation: N/A
About the School
Beauty Schools of America® provide students with high quality beauty industry training programs covering the limitless areas of the beauty and spa industry.