Certificate in Commercial Pilot Licence Aeroplane
Courses for International Students
Pearson Aviation offers the following accredited courses for International Students:
- AVI 40108 Certificate IV in Aviation Operations (Commercial Pilot Licence Aeroplane).
- AVI 50408 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Flight Operations).
Entry requirements for study at Pearson Aviation as an international student are:
- Be at least 18 years of age on enrolment;
- Have an IELTS overall score of 5.5 or higher;
- Have satisfactorily completed secondary education at year 12 level or equivalent;
- Hold a CASA issued Class 1 medical certificate.
Our detailed Information Handbook for international students may be found here.
Pearson Aviation does not offer support services of any kind to dependent family members of international students.
GUY PEARSON - Chief Executive
Aviation qualifications and approvals:
- Airline Transport Pilot Licence No. 116219
- Chief Pilot – Pearson Aviation Pty Ltd
- Chief Flying Instructor – Pearson Aviation Pty ltd
- CASA Approved Testing Officer for most fixed wing licenses and ratings
- Grade One Flying Instructor
- Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating
Aircraft endorsements – Turbine
- Cessna Citation 500/550
- Cessna Conquest 441
- Lear 24/25
- Mitsubishi MU -2B
- Piper Cheyenne
- Westwind II
Aircraft endorsements – Piston
- Aero Commander
- Aerostar 600/601P
- Beech 56/60, B76
- Baron 58/58P
- Cessna 303/310/320/337/340
- Piper PA-23, PA-30/39, PA-31, PA-34, PA-44,
- Rockwell 685
Total Flying Hours: over 11,000
Other qualifications: Barrister & Solicitor & Officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Location Of The School
Pearson Aviation is located at Essendon Airport within Melbourne’s Primary airspace, which affords the student exposure to a professional working environment from lesson one but still affords ease of entry and exit to facilitate quick transit to non controlled training fields.
- Ideal for training professional pilots.
- Located within the same Melbourne Primary Control Zone used by Boeing 747 international flights – so flight training is conducted in the radar environment of the professionals.
- Essendon has long sealed runways, a control tower, on-site maintenance workshops, approach and runway lighting and sophisticated navigation aids.
- Access to a nearby general Aviation Aerodrome which uses GAAP procedures, dual runways and contra-rotating circuits, as well as access to a large country training area and country aerodromes.
- Accommodation is easy to arrange, the city centre is 16km away and connected by electric tram.
- A modern multi-cultural city of over 4 million people with communities and countries all over the world.
- World-renowned for its restaurants, arts, entertainment, shopping, public transport, sport, parks and gardens and sightseeing.
- It is politically stable and has been said to be the world’s most liveable city.
Program taught in: