Leading and managing organizational change processes
The Change Management program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
Change is a constant factor in today’s global business world. Organizations have to adapt to their external environment, but also make changes within their own structure. Organizational change requires a fundamentally different approach to organizational processes from the traditional approach of management. Managers have to decide on the direction of change and guide their organization through the transition process.
“This is a great program to get your first step in the field of change management."
Tapan Sharma (Germany), participant of the October 2019 program.
This Change Management program will help you to understand the rationale and objectives of organizational change and how to communicate these to the stakeholders involved. Furthermore, crucial for the success of the change process is to understand – and even more important, to handle the resistance factor at the start of the process. Incorporated is a personal management skills module which will guide you through the design process of an effective and successful change process for your organization.
"This program has a quick learning technique and approach in such a way that it can be applied directly into your workplace. Furthermore, a very professional, friendly and fun environment."
Christianne Jeha, participant of the January 2019 program
Did you know that you can combine this course with the Strategic Leadership course which will run the week before? Combining these two courses will save you up to a maximum of €500. For more information on the program, please contact us.
- Diploma: Certificate (diploma optional)
- Mode: Full-time
- Course date: 3-7 February 2020 / 23-27 November 2020
- Duration: 5 days
- Accreditation: ATHEA
Reasons to follow this program
- Discover the key problems in your organization by applying relevant diagnostic tools
- Unravel the dynamics of change, including resistance, and learn how to handle these dynamics
- Learn how to link the knowledge and skills directly to the daily practice of your organization through the practice-oriented and focused approach
After finalizing this course, you:
- Will be equipped with the managerial skills and capabilities to lead organizational change processes.
- Will have the insight to make the decisions on the directions of change.
- Will emerge from the program with the skills and confidence to guide your organization successfully through challenging transitions.
Following topics will be part of the course
- Perspectives on change management
- Diagnostic tools
- Change strategies
- Resistance to change and how to handle
- The role of leadership in organizational change
- Change and organizational culture
"As I finished the Change Management course at MSM, I was full of hope, energy, and enthusiasm to make a difference in my own life, family, community and country. My vision for leadership was rekindled, my passion to inspire and lead change was revitalized and my hope for inspiring others to follow their passions was greatly honed. Indeed, I was fired up to go and do great work. It was a very creative platform and a life-changing experience.”
Jacob Ubindam, Ghana
This course involves an interactive learning approach, in which the participant is stimulated to move beyond his/her own organization or industry sector. Learning takes place through:
- Classroom interactive lecturing
- In-class group assignments to reflect on the learning
- Individual assignment, presentation, and discussion
The program is designed for
- Executives with responsibility for strategic planning and/or change management
- HR professionals
- Consultants and lecturers working in areas related to strategic planning and/or change management
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the program. It is also possible to obtain an MSM diploma for a program. To earn an MSM diploma you have to complete a written assignment in which you show that you have successfully applied the learning outcomes of the program. The assignment needs to be completed 30 days after the last day of the program. When your assignment meets our requirements, you will be awarded the diploma. The fee for this assignment is €160. In case you would like to know more about the assignment of the program of your choice, please contact us.
Fees & Funding
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 2,799
The tuition fee includes all course materials, study materials, refreshments during classes and lunch every class day. The tuition fee does not include housing, other food, and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Scholarship opportunities can be combined up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
- 15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- 25% for 3 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- 40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
- For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor-made program
European Star Scholarship:
- 50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 pages essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
- 15% discount for the Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni.
- MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for the minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fees will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program, MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
- If an admitted participant decides against participation after the tuition fee has been paid, cancellation costs are €200,- (administrative costs)
- In case the cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
- No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled participant, with the written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another participant before the start of the course. Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
- Participants who were not granted a visa to enter the Netherlands can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
- For the program running from 3 - 7 February 2020: 3 January 2020
- For the program running from 23-27 November 2020: 23 October 2020
- Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at a Bachelor's level. Because it is an interactive program, candidates should have an adequate level of spoken and written English to be able to follow the program and to actively participate. If it turns out that an applicant does not have a sufficient level of English, a certificate will not be awarded.
About the School
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands with a large worldwide network of students, alumni and partners. MSM is a personal ... Read More