Certificate in Business Management
The certificate in business management at American Heritage College gives you the skills and training necessary to take your career to the next level.
The Certificate in Business Management is designed to offer the individual training necessary to advance confidently in a business environment. This course provides basic computer, marketing and management skills and business techniques required to get jobs ranging from Administrative Assistant to Office Assistant, Assistant Business Manager or Business Management Coordinator and other office employment requiring a basic computer, communications, and management skills.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
American Heritage College awards The Certificate in Business Management to students who successfully complete five courses—four required and one elective of the program.
This program is taught in the English language; therefore, international students interested in enrolling shall show proof of proficiency by submitting high school diploma, GED or ability to benefit and passing the PAR Entrance Exam. International students and students not proficient in English may be required to take the ESL offered by American Heritage College before taking the PAR test.
New managers and supervisors and all employees will benefit from a thorough understanding of the management concepts, processes, and techniques practiced today in business, industry, and government.
This course examines the basic structure of an organization, its essential managerial functions—planning, organizing, motivating, directing, controlling, leading—and how they relate to one another. Learn how effective managers orchestrate human resources along with their own energies to contribute to an organization’s achievement of its mission and bottom-line goals.
- Marketing Principles and Practices: Study the fundamental marketing concepts at work in today’s business environment. Explore the most relevant areas of consumer marketing, including situation analysis, the development of marketing objectives and strategies, the marketing mix, research, target marketing and segmentation, product development, as well as forecasting and budgeting. Discuss marketing language, retailing, wholesaling, promotion, and advertising functions, examine their interplay and timing, and learn how they propel a business. Consider the role of the consumer, changing lifestyles, current developments in the global market, and laws that affect marketing. This course features case studies and guest speakers.
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance: Learn to analyze methods of financing using internal and external funds. This introduction to corporate finance emphasizes the use of long-term debt, preferred stock, common stock, and convertibles in the financial structure of a corporation. Topics include financial management, corporate growth, business failures, return on investment, risk leverage, the time value of money, dividend policy, debt policy, and leasing.
- Internet Technologies for Business: Online technologies provide opportunities to manage businesses more cost-effectively and solve business problems more efficiently. This course introduces managers to the full range of Internet technologies and their impact on business. Understand how to conduct commerce, provide content, create communities, work collaboratively, train employees, and manage workers remotely—all online. Become familiar with online security issues and learn to analyze the costs and benefits of implementing online solutions.
Customized Business Management Courses
- Emphasis on Job Obtainment
- Emphasis on Child Development
- Emphasis on A+ Cert. Course
View one of our Testimonials!
Program taught in: