Certificate in Business Essentials Co-op
This is a 31-week program that includes 12 weeks of co-op placement. We offer guaranteed Co-op placement in a field related to your program. This program will prepare you for a position within any organization that requires you to effectively deal with an increasingly complex business environment.
This program will allow you to:
- Examine various concepts related to organizational structures, functions, and behaviors in order to have a better understanding of the functioning of a business entity.
- Assess where and how to access sources of finance and the skills to use financial information for vital decision making.
- Explore various terminologies and tools used in sales and marketing for a better understanding of marketing principles.
- Enhance your business communication skills.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
- Age 18 or older
- IELTS of 5.0 or equivalent for non-native English speakers
*A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country are considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
**Mature students must pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
- World Education Services- wes.org
- The University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service – learn.utoronto.ca/ces
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- icascanada.ca
** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam with a minimum score of 15.
Graduates can go onto careers in a variety of different fields including sales, marketing, retail, finance, customer service, and administration. Your roles can include but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support Officer
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Secretary
- Office Administrator / Coordinator
- Sales Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Financial Services Representative
- Client Service Associate
- Property Administrator
- Cash Management Associate
- Records Officer
- Scheduling Assistant
- Junior Planner
- Junior Executive Assistant
31 weeks, including scheduled breaks