Certificate in Business Essentials Co-op
This 31-week program with 12 weeks of co-op placement in a field relevant to your program is designed to ensure you graduate with essential critical thinking and communication skills to succeed in a competitive job market.
Learn how to navigate an increasingly complex business environment with a better understanding of organizational structures, functions, and behaviors. Acquire vital skills for decision-making in key disciplines including finance, marketing, and sales. We offer guaranteed Co-op placement in a field related to your program. Start online, finish on campus.
This program will prepare you for a position within any organization that requires you to effectively deal with an increasingly complex business environment.
This program will allow you to:
- Examine various concepts related to organizational structures, functions, and behaviors in order to have a better understanding of the functioning of a business entity.
- Assess where and how to access sources of finance and the skills to use financial information for vital decision making.
- Explore various terminologies and tools used in sales and marketing for a better understanding of marketing principles.
- Enhance your business communication skills.
* Students will be offered paid or unpaid entry-level positions related to their field of studies. The Career Services Department will provide full support to students on booking and preparing for interviews. It is the student’s responsibility to perform well during all interviews as well as during the full length of the co-op term. Placements are subject to availability and will vary based on the program, season and job market changes as well as the student’s English level and previous professional and academic experience. Should the co-op placement not be available the student will be required to complete a Capstone Project as an alternative to graduate from the program.
- Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent or be at least 18 years of age and pass the Wonderlic test.
For non-native English speakers:
- Successful completion of TSoM EAP Level 3 or have the required IELTS of 5 scores or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
- Pass the TSoM English Assessment (written onsite or online with exam proctor)
Graduates can go onto careers in a variety of different fields including sales, marketing, retail, finance, customer service, and administration. Your roles can include but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support Officer
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Secretary
- Office Administrator / Coordinator
- Sales Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Financial Services Representative
- Client Service Associate
- Property Administrator
- Cash Management Associate
- Records Officer
- Scheduling Assistant
- Junior Planner
- Junior Executive Assistant
31 weeks, including scheduled breaks