Manner of instruction delivery
The programme is delivered via lectures, seminars, workshops, business games and simulations and directed independent study
Age Requirement: 16
- Placement Test
An English Placement Test (EPT) is to be administered at Amity Global Business School to determine the respective levels the students qualify for. Students who are in their country of origin are required to sit for 2 EPT. Students who have taken the EPT at the Recruitment Agent’s Office at their country of origin will need to take a second EPT which will be conducted at Amity Global Business School premise. Only the latter test will determine the final level of English that the students qualify for.
- The Certificate in Business English – Beginner are offered to both local (Singaporean) and international students, who are 16 years old and above and have completed their high school education. All potential students are required to sit for a placement test to ascertain their proficiency levels before admittance into any of these courses. Placement Test
- An English Placement Test (EPT) is to be administered at Amity Global Business School to determine the respective levels the students qualify for.
- Students who are in their country of origin are required to sit for 2 EPT. Students who have taken the EPT at the Recruitment Agent’s Office at their country of origin will need to take a second EPT which will be conducted at Amity Global Business School premise.
- Only the latter test will determine the final level of English that the students qualify for.
Course Application fee:
Local Students : S$150 (Onetime Only)
International Students : S$350 (Onetime Only)
- Course application fee is non refundable.
- Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
The course aims to aid and prepare Non-Native Speakers of the English Language to learn and grasp the fundamentals of the language. At the end of the course, the students will be able to read and write in English as well as be able to comprehend and use English in conversations. The course offers a comprehensive syllabus which aims to prepare learners up to the Elementary level.
With the help of the recommended texts, the course aims to provide a seamless syllabus progression from beginner to Elementary level. Grammatical structures will be introduced in different contexts with questions that will encourage students to work out the rules for themselves. The vocabulary syllabus will involve the learning of new words in lexical sets; as well as acquiring good habits for picking up vocabulary. Reading and listening activities contextualise and bring together previously introduced language. The syllabus contains practices which are broken down into different units.
The unit by unit study will help in focusing on developing students’ written English in different contexts and tones. The interesting choices of texts, together with manageable motivating tasks help students to develop fluency and accuracy in the core areas of language acquisition. Workbooks are offered at each level to cover a range of exercises intended to extend the grammar and vocabulary. There is also supplementary material at various levels including: Pronunciation Course, Making Headway as well as an interactive CD-ROM.
A supplementary workbook is also used, targeted at advancing the student’s level of grammar. The book is designed to help learners master key concepts in English grammar easily and quickly. Students who need to acquire a level of competency in writing will find the exercises useful.
Student will be assessed through formative and summative assessments. These will include assessment on reading, writing, listening and speaking relevant to the level of study.
The types of assessments students will complete during the course may include tests, reports, proposals, giving presentations, leading and participating in group discussions, group projects, listening and note taking and reading tasks.
Students who have completed the this level can move on to study the next level in English to improve on their English proficiency.
This school offers programs in:
- Awarding authority: Amity Global Business School, Singapore
- Academic year/time schedule/ programme duration: Duration of course is 2 Months
- Mode: Full Time
- Teaching amenities Facilities etc: Lecturer rooms, Library, computer lab, student study space
Last updated May 19, 2017