Business impact through new technology
Blockchain, Smart Contracts, DAGs, the cryto currency Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto are on everyone's mind - the disruptive side of distributed ledger technology brings innovation to numerous industries and enables new business models. As a participant in the Blockchain short program, you will gain insights into the business models and strategic opportunities and risks of distributed ledger technology.
Assess the potential of blockchain technology for your business
The team of the Research Institute for Cryptoeconomics of WU Vienna together with experts from different industries will give you a solid overview on the topic “blockchain”, both from theoretical and practical perspectives. In two weeks, you will gain a broad understanding of what blockchain technology is about and how it works.
Furthermore, you will gain insight about the power and potential of this technology for diverse industries. During the course of the program, you will learn about best practice examples, use cases, and application examples in various industries. You will learn how to assess the potential of blockchain technology for your business and about the first steps to implement your own blockchain project.
You will obtain an overview of current developments and future trends in this field from experts of the Research Institute for Cryptoeconomics at WU Vienna. At the end of the program, you will be able to assess the blockchain technology potential for your industry as well as your business model and understand the tools and requirements for implementation.
This program will empower you to make better strategic decisions by utilizing a new block of knowledge. Finally, you will receive a certificate from WU Executive Academy as validation of your acquired blockchain expertise.
- Day 1: Basics of the Blockchain Technology and Potential Impact on the Economy
June 16, 2020
- Day 2: Blockchain Solutions Behind the Promises
June 17, 2020
- Day 3: Programming the Blockchain
June 23, 2020
- Day 4: Future Development and Potential Impact on the Economy
June 24, 2020
- a progressive thinking manager, business leader, innovator, analyst, responsible for business processes
- interested in the potentials of the blockchain technology
- aiming at building solid knowledge base of the blockchain technology and finding possibilities for implementation
Please note: You should have at least 3 years of work experience and a good command of English (as this is the language of instruction).
Module 1: Basics of the Blockchain Technology and Potential Impact on the Economy | 1 Day
- Introduction & Overview
- Use of the Blockchain Technology in Economy and Industry
(Business Process Automation, Banking Sector, Insurance Industry Renewable Energy Industry)
Module 2: Blockchain Solutions Behind the Promises | 1 Day
- The Core of the Blockchain Technology
- From the Promises of Blockchain to the Technologies Behind It
- The Disruptive Blockchain Technology
- Defining Opportunity and Cultivating Growth
Module 3: Programming the Blockchain | 1 Day
- Introduction into Blockchain Solutions, Implementations and Alternatives
- What does it take to program a blockchain?
- Hands on – Making a ƉApp
Module 4: Future Development and Potential Impact on the Economy | 1 Day
- From the Promises of Blockchains to the Challenges Behind It
- State of Development Today and in 5 Years: Rethinking the Technologies,
Processes, Economy and Market
About the School
The WU Executive Academy, the business school of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) brings more than 100 years of experience and an excellent reputation to the field of executive edu ... Read More