The ASC in Bio-Resources and Technology (Bio-Resource Development and Management) will prepare students for careers in environmental science/studies and qualify them to transfer to bachelor of science degree programs. Knowledge and training in Bio-Resource Development and Management will be an asset to the productive and efficient use of natural resources for promoting sustainable management of our environment.
This certificate will consist of 26 credits. See course descriptions for prerequisites.
- Exhibit best management practices when extracting and utilizing natural resources.
- Design and implement an environmental study.
- Effectively use laboratory and field instrumentation to collect data.
- Analyze and interpret environmental data.
- Write an objective technical report involving the presentation and analysis of environmental data.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older, or
- Have earned a U.S. high school diploma, GED or equivalency
International Student requirements and information
Submit an application if you are:
- Not currently enrolled at any of the UH system campuses
- A first-time college student
- A returning student (a person who previously attended but is not currently enrolled at any other UH campus)
- A transfer student (a person who is currently or was previously enrolled at a non-UH institution)
- Transfer Credit Search - UH System Course Transfer Database
- An Early Admit or Running Start student (a junior or senior high school student admitted under the Early Admission or Running Start program)
See 13 more programs offered by Windward Community College »
This course is
Resident $126 per credit, Non-resident $340 per credit