This program meets a substantial portion of the 24-unit Accounting course requirement to take the California CPA exam. It is intended primarily for students possessing a bachelor's degree or foreign university equivalent. In addition, completion of this certificate is helpful in securing entry-level accounting positions in business and industry. CPA EXAM AND LICENSURE: Please contact the California Board of Accountancy.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Prepare a set of basic financial statements.
- Calculate and analyze common ratios and numerical relationships that are produced through the accounting cycle.
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing the accounting cycle for a business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating financial information in the subject area.
- Present an oral presentation in the designated subject area.
Saddleback College is one of two independent colleges in the South Orange County Community College District. Students enrolling at either Saddleback College or Irvine Valley College may take classes at both campuses, and at the Advanced Technology & Education Park (ATEP).
Admission to Saddleback College is open to anyone who is a high school graduate, has a high school equivalency certificate, or is 18 years of age and shows evidence of being able to benefit from instruction.
Students enrolled in K-12 may attend as Special Admits.
The college also invites International Students to apply for admission.