This qualification provides students with the skills and knowledge to install and administer simple networks, servers, and client desktop deployments either as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist or as part of a team.
The certificate IV consists of 20 units. This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and administer simple networks, servers, and client desktop deployments either as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist or as part of a team.
In a typical week students will attend classes approximately four days per week with approximately 60 percent practical and 40 percent theory classes. Classes will be scheduled between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
The teaching methods used in the certificate IV include classroom-based teaching and supervised practical components in the computer laboratory. The assessment methods include workshops, class presentations and individual and group projects.
Major study areas
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Determine and confirm client business
- Connect, maintain and configure hardware components
- Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
- Build a small wireless local area network
- Apply introductory programming skills in another language
- Configure a troubleshoot operating system software
- Provide first-level remote help-desk support
- Produce basic client side script for dynamic web pages
- Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- Academic: Australian Year 12 equivalency or higher
- English language: Academic IELTS 5.5 no band less than 5.0 overall or recognised equivalency
February and July intakes
- Network support administrator
- Network operations support
- Network operations technician
- Network technician
- Network support technician
- Level 1 help desk support
About the School
With more than 40,000 enrolments each year, Kangan Institute is a major training provider for the automotive, health and nursing sectors and indigenous education. We also have a strong presence in a r ... Read More