This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions.
- Successful completion of Year 11 or the equivalent level of study or maturely aged entry. For further information, see PP02 ASSESSING STUDENT'S QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ENGLISH PROFICIENCY.
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. Learners originating from student visa assessment levels 1 and 2 without the required IELTS score can undertake SCEI’s English Proficiency Test. For information on student visa assessment levels, refer to Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or above.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Pathways for participants
Pathways into the qualification:
Preferred pathways for candidates entering this qualification include:
- Certificate III in Accounts Administration
Pathways from the qualification:
The primary pathway from this qualification is employment in accounting job roles. A further learning pathway utilising qualifications such as Diploma of Accounting would support career progression.
Occupational titles for these workers may include: variety of accounting and accounting-support roles or accounting technician positions who are responsible for
- Completing Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other office taxes
- Operational reporting
- Producing non-complex management reports including compiling budget information
- Supervising the operation of computer-based financial systems
- Classifying, recording and reporting accounting information
- Maintaining inventory records
- Managing a small office
- Ensuring relevant legal requirements are adhered to
Teaching Methods/Mode of Study
Classroom-based and self-directed learning
Students will be assessed through Projects, Assignments, Written Assessments, Role Plays, Case Studies and Activities throughout the course.
Credit transfer is a term used to identify a process of gaining recognition gained through a previous course or a unit of study. To be eligible for credit transfer the unit code of the unit already held needs to be exactly the same as the unit for which credit is being requested. A certified copy of an Academic Transcript would need to be supplied by the student.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning provides students with an opportunity to have their current skills and knowledge recognised.These skills and knowledge may relate to units they are intending to study and as a result may exempt them from studying these units. However there is a cost related to RPL.The process requires students to gather evidence confirming their skills and knowledge and submitting to an assessor for assessment.
If a student is granted RPL or credit transfer, it may impact on student visa conditions through a shortening of the student’s course.
- FNSACC301A: Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC403B: Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSACC404A: Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406A: Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSBKG404A: Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSINC401A: Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBFIA401A: Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306A: Design and produce business documents
- BSBWHS201A: Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBMGT403A: Implement continuous improvement
- BSBADM405B: Organise meetings
- BSBFIA402A: Report on financial activity
- BSBWRT301A: Write simple documents
Delivery modes include classroom/ facilitator lead training sessions, self-paced learning activities, and theory with written assessments.
- Course Price: AUD$6,000
- Promotional Course Price: AUD$4,000
- Material Fee: AUD$350
About the School
Southern Cross Education Institute is proud to offer our students the best opportunities available in ensuring all receive the ultimate experience in gaining the qualification they are looking for.