- Course Code : 091922D
- Study Area(s) : Business
- Campus: BROADMEADOWS
- Course Length: 6 months
- Course Fees: 5,800
This qualification consists of a minimum of 13 units and includes nine core units.
This is an entry-level accounting qualification, which means you can apply regardless of whether you have some study and/or work background in accounting or bookkeeping.
The duration of the Certificate IV in Accounting is 6 months (full-time).
Business students undertaking the course will typically attend at least four days of classes per week with approximately 20 to 25 hours of class participation.
Classes may be scheduled anytime between 8 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Two or more units in this course will be delivered online.
The course consists of lectures, classroom-based teaching, practical demonstrations, class discussions and field trips.
Assessment includes periodic tests, assignments, both group and individual, classroom presentations, group work and observation.
Major study areas
- Financial services industry
- Small business financial accounting
- Business law
- Computer accounting
- Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Workplace safety
- Business computer applications
- Academic: Australian Year 12 equivalency or higher
- English language: Academic IELTS 5.5 overall no band less than 5.0 or recognised equivalency
February and July intake
Graduates may seek employment as a:
- Professional bookkeeper
- BAS agent
- Payroll officer
- Accounts payable or receivable officer
- Inventory clerk