Start a rewarding career in the finance industry with the double qualification Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping at Gold Coast Learning Centre.
This course gives you a broad spectrum of skills and knowledge so you will have the best chance of success in the financial services industry.
With flexible study options, including full-time, part-time and distance training options, Gold Coast Learning Centre can help you improve your career prospects with vital accounting knowledge and real-world accounting skills.
Qualified and experienced trainers will develop your understanding of core business practices in the financial services industry, including financial records, budgets, tax requirements, general business skills and effective communication.
This course meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents. *
*Please note: TPB educational requirements for BAS Agents were put in place on the 1st of March 2012. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
Benefits |Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Get vital accounting knowledge and real-world accounting skills
- Improve your career prospects in the accounting field
- Become a certified bookkeeper or registered BAS agent - experience criteria applies
- A diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Qualified and experienced Accounting Trainers teach and assess this course
- Interest-free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping courses start every Monday.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognized course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217).
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is recognized by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents.
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 13 subjects.
Duration of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is 52 weeks full-time, including 6 weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
There are no prerequisite requirements for Domestic students.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current Gold Coast Learning Centre students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217), students may choose to enroll in the Diploma of Accounting, a range of other Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications, or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Account Support Clerk
- Accounts Administrator
- Administration Clerk
- BAS Agent
- Contractor Bookkeeper
- Employee Bookkeeper
- General Accounts Assistant
- Payroll Officer
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process under the Australian Qualifications Framework which recognizes and assesses a student’s current level of skills and experience, regardless of when and where that learning occurred.
Program taught in: