This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items.
Using discretion and judgment, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies, and procedures to guide work activities.
Entry Requirements (International Students)
Applicants will need to show they meet one of the following entry criteria:
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5;
- 18 years or over;
- Satisfy the Australian Department of Immigration’s (DIBP) genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria for a student visa (subclass 500);
- Completion of Australian Year 11 (senior secondary) education or overseas equivalent; OR
- Demonstrate through an Admissions Interview, either in person or by phone, that they have the skills and capability to succeed in the course.
Note: All Applicants MUST hold all pre-requisites Units if required
This programme is delivered over a period of 12 months, including 4 terms of 10 week periods of 20 hours per week. (Plus 3 x 2-week breaks)
Work Placement Programme
This programme requires 48 service periods of Work Placement. This Work Placement Program (WPP) is an essential component of this course and provides students with real-life experience in the industry.
This course provides a pathway into SIT40516-Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery. It can also open up options for you to cook in a restaurant, hotel or café.
Potential Career Outcomes
Cook in a restaurant, hotel, cafe or coffee shop
- Tuition Fee: $16,800.00 (AU)
- Material Fee: $400.00 (AU)
- Enrolment Fee: $200.00 (AU)
About the School
Ad Astra Institute; a modern and vibrant education institute in the Australian hospitality industry. With direct links to industry, Ad Astra Institute offers our students the unique opportunity to lea ... Read More