This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team. The key clients for this qualification are domestic and international learners who wish to work as customer service adviser, data entry operator, general clerk, administration officer, or word processing officer.
6 months (28 weeks, made up of 20 weeks tuition, and 8 weeks holiday).
Students may commence study with induction on any Monday as approved by the Director, and general classes operate allweeks except holiday periods (See the Academy’s Academic Calendar).
Cost: (See Payment Options info. sheet).
- Payment arrangement’s available
- Discounts may apply (Check online or call us for more information on current specials and payment options).
- Funding may be available for Domestic Students
Inclusions: This course is available at Brisbane and Gold Coast locations. More course and campus information can be found on the All Course and Campus Quick Guide. Students can commence any Monday of an Academic term. The fees include everything that students require to complete the course.
On campus student computers are available on a first in first served basis. We suggest that you bring your own (BYO) Laptop/Tablet if you have one. This will ensure that you have access to a computer for your formal assessments.
- English to a “not well+” level (NRS Level 2 or equivalent).
- Completion of Year 9 (Australia), or equivalent.
- Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning, or Direct Credit. This may reduce course time.
Students must study all 12 units below to gain the Qualification.
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBPRO301 Recommend products and services
- BSBFLM309 Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
All Visa students please note:
ATTENDANCE IS NOT RECORDED OR MONITORED FOR VISA COMPLIANCE PURPOSES. However, students are expected to attend 15 hours per week, with a further 5 hours per week delivered as Distance Education (Study done at home in the form of completion of set tasks or Workbooks). Failure to attend regularly will see progress suffer, and students may be reported for unsatisfactory progress.
PROGRESS IS MONITORED FOR VISA COMPLIANCE PURPOSES: The Academy has implemented the DIBP Course Progress Policy and Procedures. More detail is available in the Student Handbook, but basically a student will be reported if they fail to gain competency in half of the units completed in consecutive study periods. Competency for each Unit is determined by three or four methods. Each occurs on a weekly/ fortnightly basis, hence regular attendance is important:
- Knowledge tests;
- Observation of skills, and oral questioning;
- Completion of activities.
- Completion of Workbooks
Visa students should be aware that agents can act on our behalf to recruit students. These agents are listed on our website.
All Domestic and VISA students please note: You have rights with regards to refunds, complaints and appeal processes. These rights are outlined in detail, in the Student Handbook, and you MUST acquaint yourself with them prior to enrolment. The refund policy will also cover what your rights are should we, as the RTO, or a third party training organisation closes, or ceases to deliver any part of the training product that you were enrolled in. In short, we would make arrangements suitable to yourself, to access another provider delivering that training, OR we offer you a refund.
Coolangatta Students: The hours of this course will be tailored to suit the student, and the supervising trainer(s). You will work closely with your trainer to determine a schedule to ensure you complete all required units within the time allocated for your course. Trainer supervision and tutorial times will therefore vary depending on which campus the course is undertaken, and student / trainer timetable
Program taught in: