This course is a great way to gain entry-level skills in the Information Technology industry. This qualification covers the foundation ICT training skills needed for you to become a proficient Information and Communication Technology (ICT) user. It includes general computing and employability skills that will enable you to function effectively in an information technology environment in any industry.
This course is delivered over a period of 20 weeks. You are enrolled in a classroom-based mode for 33.75 hours per week. To get the most out of your course, you need to do some self-study in your own time.
For overseas participants whose first language is not English, the required level of entry for this course is a minimum of:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6 with no individual score of less than 5 or equivalent.
- Participants must be over the age of 18 years.
For further information on entry requirements, please contact the International Administration Officer on +61 7 4779 2199. Following receipt of payment of the non-refundable enrolment fee, enrolment form and signed acceptance of course offer documentation, the participant's place will be confirmed.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please Note: RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours).
Every subject may be different. It is important to study the subject outline. Facilitators will explain the details at the start of the subject. Lessons are supported by powerpoint slides plus visual topic content, with practice time, tutorial time and extra skills tutoring. Information, Digital Media and Technology subjects will be a combination of face-to-face facilitator-led instruction (both workshop and classroom contexts) and simulated on-the-job application. Materials are provided in print and digital copy as part of the course.
Assessments may include written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, written reports, web-based research and reports, observations, and final reports. To perform at your best, you may need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Pathways and Employment Outcomes
After achieving the ICT20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology, you have a number of pathway options. You can complete further study at Tec-NQ or other trade institutions. Please refer to www.myskills.gov.au for employment outcomes. Please Note: Visa, Residency and Citizenship requirements may have implications for further studies and employment in Australia.
The following fees will apply:
- Enrolment Fee - $250.00 AUD (non-refundable)
- Course - $5500.00 AUD
- Uniform Cost - $227.70 AUD (subject to change)
- Stationary Cost - $367.64 AUD (subject to change)
1 May - 29 September 2017
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others Core $211.60
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices Core $211.60
- ICTICT201 Use computer operating systems and hardware Core $634.80
- ICTICT202 Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment Core $423.20
- ICTICT203 Operate application software packages Core $634.80
- ICTICT204 Operate a digital media technology package Core $423.20
- ICTWEB201 Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement Core $211.60
- ICTICT206 Install software applications Elective $211.60
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment Elective $317.40
- ICTICT210 Operate database applications Elective $423.20
- BSBITU202 Create and use spreadsheets Elective $317.40
- ICPDMT321 Capture a digital image Elective $423.20
- ICTICT305 Identify and use current industry-specific technologies Elective $634.80
- ICTICT205 Design basic organisational documents using computer packages Elective $423.20
Tec-NQ reserves the right to amend course structure. Students on a student visa MUST be enrolled in a full-time course.
About the School
At Tec-NQ, trades are a career of first choice. Tec-NQ is a registered training organisation (RTO) and a senior secondary school that has been in operation since 2007. Tec-NQ provides a range of train ... Read More