This course is a great way to gain entry-level skills in the engineering industry. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of duties within the engineering industry.
This course is delivered over a period of 20 weeks. You are enrolled in a classroom-based mode for 33.75 hours per week. To get the most out of your course, you need to do some self-study in your own time.
For overseas participants whose first language is not English, the required level of entry for this course is a minimum of:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6 with no individual score of less than 5 or equivalent.
- Participants must be over the age of 18 years.
For further information on entry requirements, please contact the International Administration Officer on +61 7 4779 2199.
Following receipt of payment of the non-refundable enrolment fee, enrolment form and signed acceptance, of course, offer documentation, the participant's place will be confirmed.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please Note: RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours).
Every subject may be different. It is important to study the subject outline. Facilitators will explain the details at the start of the subject. Lessons are supported by powerpoint slides plus visual topic content, with practice time, tutorial time and extra skills tutoring. Engineering subjects will be a combination of face-to-face facilitator-led instruction (both workshop and classroom contexts) and simulated on-the-job application. Materials are provided in print and digital copy as part of the course.
Assessments may include written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, written reports, web-based research and reports, observations, and final reports. To perform at your best, you may need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Pathways and Employment Outcomes
After achieving the MEM20105 Certificate II in Engineering, you have a number of pathway options. You can complete further study at Tec-NQ or other trade institutions.
Please refer to www.myskills.gov.au for employment outcomes.
Please Note: Visa, Residency and Citizenship requirements may have implications for further studies and employment in Australia.
The following fees will apply:
- Enrolment Fee - $250.00 AUD (non-refundable)
- Course - $5500.00 AUD
- Uniform Cost - $227.70 AUD (subject to change)
- Stationary Cost - $367.64 AUD (subject to change)
- MEM13014A Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment Core $166.70
- MEM14004A Plan to undertake a routine task Core $166.70
- MEM15002A Apply quality systems Core $333.40
- MEM15024A Apply quality procedures Core $166.70
- MEM16007A Work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment Core $166.70
- MEM05005B Carry out mechanical cutting Elective $333.40
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting Elective $333.40
- MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding Elective $333.40
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements Elective $500.10
- MEM12024A Perform computations Elective $500.10
- MEM14005A Plan a complete activity Elective $334.40
- MEM16006A Organise and communication information Elective $334.40
- MEM18001C Use hand tools Elective $334.40
- MEM18002B Use power tools / hand held operations Elective $333.40
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing Elective $665.80
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices Elective $500.00
About the School
At Tec-NQ, trades are a career of first choice. Tec-NQ is a registered training organisation (RTO) and a senior secondary school that has been in operation since 2007. Tec-NQ provides a range of train ... Read More