This course is a great way to gain entry level skills in the electrotechnology industry. This qualification provides a basic grounding in the safety and basic skills and knowledge for the participant to work in any electrotechnology discipline.
This course is delivered over a period of 20 weeks. You are enrolled in a classroom based mode for 33.75 hours per week. To get the most out of your course you need to do some self-study in your own time.
For overseas participants whose first language is not English, the required level of entry for this course is a minimum of:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6 with no individual score of less than 5 or equivalent.
- Participants must be over the age of 18 years.
For further information on entry requirements, please contact the International Administration Officer on +61 7 4779 2199. Following receipt of payment of the non-refundable enrolment fee, enrolment form and signed acceptance of course offer documentation, the participants place will be confirmed.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please Note: RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full time load of study (20 hours).
Every subject may be different. It is important to study the subject outline. Facilitators will explain the details at the start of the subject. Lessons are supported by powerpoint slides plus visual topic content, with practice time, tutorial time and extra skills tutoring. Electrotechnology subjects will be a combination of face-to-face facilitator led instruction (both workshop and classroom contexts) and simulated on-the-job application. Materials are provided in print and digital copy as part of the course.
Assessments may include written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, written reports, web based research and reports, observations, and final reports. To perform at your best, you may need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Pathways and Employment Outcomes
After achieving the UEE22011 Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start), you have a number of pathway options. You can complete further study at Tec-NQ or other trade institutions. Please refer to www.myskills.gov.au for employment outcomes. Please Note: Visa, Residency and Citizenship requirements may have implications on further studies and employment in Australia.
The following fees will apply:
- Enrolment Fee - $250.00 AUD (non-refundable)
- Course - $5500.00 AUD
- Uniform Cost - $227.70 AUD (subject to change)
- Stationary Cost - $367.64 AUD (subject to change)
1 May - 29 September 2017
- UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace Core $304.80
- UEENEEE104A Solve problems in d.c.circuits Core $1215.20
- UEENEEE141A Use of routine equipment / plant / technologies in an energy sector environment Core $911.60
- UEENEEE148A Carry out routine work activities in an energy sector environment Core $607.60
- UEENEEE179A Identify and select components, accessories and materials for energy sector work activities Core $303.80
- UEENEEK142A Apply environmentally and sustainable procedures in the energy sector Core $303.80
- UEENEEC001B Maintain documentation Elective $303.80
- UEENEEC010B Deliver a service to customers Elective $303.80
- CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry Elective $91.14
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation Elective $60.98
- UEENEED101A Use computer applications relevant to a workplace Elective $273.42
- UEENEEE102A Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components Elective $546.84
- UEENEEE105A Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment Elective $273.42
Tec-NQ reserves the right to amend course structure. Students on a student visa MUST be enrolled in a full-time course.