Certificate 4 Information Technology Networking
(includes the Certificate 3 of Information, Digital Media and Technology Networking)
If you want to be competent in the installation and management of small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team, this course is for you.
Starting with the Certificate 3 qualification, it will first offer you practical knowledge and skills in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technical functions to achieve a degree of self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT user.
If you are working at this level, you will support information technology activities in the workplace across a wide range of ICT areas.
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop specific skills in Network Administration. Studying ICT in the Illawarra is a unique opportunity to benefit from the region’s growing innovation initiatives, such as the iAccelerate program, located next to the University of Wollongong and TAFE Illawarra’s Digital Media Centre at the Innovation Campus. The vast majority of TAFE Illawarra’s graduates have gained employment within two months of graduation.
Career opportunities for this qualification
- Network support
- Network operations support
- Network operations technician
- Network technician
- Network support technician
Course Entry Requirements
- Pre requisite Certificate 3 Information, Digital Media and Technology.
- Students should have an understanding of the basic operations of a computer, the internet and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or Certificate 3 in Advanced English for Further Study at TAFE NSW or equivalent.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2017