Cert HE Music Performance
Our one-year Music Performance course is perfect if you want to advance your existing instrumental or vocal skills, improve your understanding of music theory and perform contemporary popular music with like-minded people. Our aim is to give you the skills, knowledge and opportunity to help you create the music you want to make.
The course focuses on key areas such as instrumental skills, performance, songwriting and music programming. The Cert HE is written and taught by experienced and internationally successful musicians, who are all working professionals, constantly bringing new experiences into the classroom. The course is not focused on a particular style of music; it encompasses all genres from the last 100 years.
Aside from the core modules, there is no limitation on the modules that the student can choose. The variety of what you learn as a student is up to you.
- An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
- We also welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with demonstrable passion for and practical experience in music.
- The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us about your aims in music and why it interests you.
- In addition to your application entry onto the programme will be determined by your audition and interview. All applicants meeting the minimum entry requirements and whose application demonstrates the capability to complete this programme will be offered an audition.
LCCM is conducting Open Days on 17th August & 8th September all at 1 pm – 4 pm.