The Canadian International Matriculation Program (CIMP) is a Year 12 secondary school curriculum delivered according to the requirements of the Ontario (Canada) Ministry of Education. CIMP graduates earn the highly regarded Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) which is globally accepted as an entry into universities.
CIMP is a rigorous programme with high academic standards. The day-to-day classroom progression centers on the expansion, transmission and application of knowledge, skills and attitudes from the Canadian curriculum. Emphasis on transferable skills such as critical thinking, innovation and creativity, communication, and collaboration provides students with a strong foundation for success in tertiary education and future career. Opportunities to become involved in leadership activities, and to participate in extracurricular activities develop students in CIMP into socially responsible and globally conscious citizens in their communities.
The uniqueness of CIMP emerges in the method of assessment and evaluation in the context of an authentic student-centered learning environment. CIMP practices continuous assessment rather than on a final examination. Students are challenged on daily class work throughout the semester accounting for 70% of their final grade, and 30% is determined by the performance of their final examination. This assessment and evaluation method places a much greater emphasis on student involvement in the teaching and learning process throughout the semester at CIMP. With day-to-day preparedness, commitment and achievement; our students can and do reach their academic goals.
CIMP students are expected to become active and engaged learners. With their daily commitment and level of involvement in class, students will become creative thinkers, developing the powers of observation, imagination, reasoning, as well as gaining confidence as effective communicators.
All students must successfully complete the following to graduate with the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD):
- Six (6) pre-university courses including ENG4U or ENG4C.
- An external literacy test (OSSLT) administered with the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Ten (10) hours of approved Community Service.
Students should select subjects that best suit the entry requirements for their university studies.
All new students enrolled in CIMP will sit for an English Placement Test (EPT). The result of the EPT will determine their placement in the CIMP English programme (ENG4C or ENG4U). Students who do not meet the minimum English literacy requirement will complete one semester in Intensive English Programme (IEP). They will then proceed to study two (2) semesters in CIMP.
Assessment and Examinations
Assessment is based on continuous evaluation.
- 70% is a formative assessment (tests, assignments, daily work, etc.)
- 30% is a final exam and/or culminating activity
Parents/Guardians will receive two formal report cards of their child’s performance, sent out each semester. Students will receive an Ontario Student Transcript (OST) disclosing full information on all subjects taken.
Choice of Subjects
Students are required to choose six (6) subjects from the list below that best suit the entry requirements for their university studies.
- BOH4M Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals
- BAT4M Financial Accounting Principles
- BBB4M International Business Fundamentals
- TGJ4M Communications Technology
- ENG4C English for College
- ENG4U English for University
- OLC4O Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course
- EWC4U The Writer's Craft
- Health and Physical Education
- PSE4U Introductory Kinesiology
- MHF4U Advanced Functions
- MCV4U Calculus and Vectors
- MDM4U Mathematics of Data Management
- SBI4U Biology
- SCH4U Chemistry
- SPH4U Physics
- CIA4U Analysing Current Economics Issues (Social Science)
- CGW4U Canadian and World Issues: A Geographic Analysis
- HSB4U Challenge and Change in Society
- CHY4U World History: Since the Fifteenth Century
Passed SPM, O-level or equivalent with minimum five (5) credits
12 months (2 semesters)
January / March / July / September
June and December
About the School
For almost 30 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More