THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN SPANISH
The CSP in Color & Trim provides a firm grasp of color and finishes for products and spaces.
There are plenty of design‑related sectors calling for specialists who command colors and textures: the automobile industry, interior design, architecture, sports accessories, furniture… An eye for trends and a sound knowledge of the various natural and synthetic pigments, brand strategies, materials and color symbology are a distinctive bonus for designers.
General objectives of the course
- To activate the student’s color term base.
- To explore the universal systems that define and organize color.
- To acquire individual methodologies for creating ranges.
- To detect creative opportunities from a chromatic standpoint.
- To anticipate seasonal colors and trends.
- To learn about new materials and the color pallets that work best.
The course starts with a specific theoretical-cultural approach to color before introducing a series of tools and practical exercises for the student to experiment with color application in different formats, materials, and concepts and for different purposes. Lessons include presentations, hands‑on workshops, and opportunities to collaborate with acclaimed local and international figures in the sector so as to share their experience and passion. The course ends with a final project to be submitted in a personal portfolio with color as the centerpiece based on a personalized chromatic pallet.
Graduates or working professionals in the fields of product design, interior design, and architecture wishing to broaden and deepen their specific knowledge of how to apply color.
Applicants will be required to submit a CV and cover letter. If any of the admission requirements are not met, the School will consider each applicant separately and reserves the right to summon applicants for an interview.
Students must provide the following information:
- Copy of DNI (Spanish students) or passport (foreign students).
- Copy of university degree (bachelor’s, degree or equivalent).
- Letter of motivation in the language of the Master’s degree course.
- CV in the language of the Master’s degree course specifying language and IT skills.
- Language certificate: Courses in English require an intermediate level, corresponding to TOEFL or IELTS 6.5. Courses in Spanish require a B2 language level. If a prospective student has neither of these certificates, his or her language skills will be assessed in a face-to-face interview or via a Skype call.
- Portfolio for creative Master’s degree courses and/or admission exercise if required.
Upon completion of the course and depending on each student’s prior experience, there will be various career options:
- The chance to join a Color & Trim team inside a large firm (such as an automobile company).
- Freelance work for a range of companies in various sectors: architecture, product design, graphic design, packaging, interior design.
Elisa Padrón Olivé designs and develops products that cultivate craftsmanship, quality, and simplicity. She has always been fascinated by handmade. BA Product Design after getting a Diploma in Technical Engineering in Industrial Design. She starts her professional career in the sports sector, as a member of the innovation and advanced design team in Decathlon, developing projects between France and India. She also discovers the study of global trends and her passion for color. Currently based in Barcelona, she is responsible for the design in Nanimarquina, fusing ancestral craft rugs with contemporary design.
Duration and frequency
- Start: January 16th, 2020
- Timetable: Monday, Wednesday and alternative Friday from 18.30h to 22.40.
- Frequency: 3 months
Program taught in: