Gain the in-depth technical knowledge and skills to develop tailored reward strategies and solutions that support real organisational and business needs. This unique programme brings the CIPD’s research, knowledge and training expertise together with leading practitioners and consultants in the field, to provide you with a recognised qualification based on leading-edge thinking and highly practical approaches.
Who is it for
Pay and reward specialists and HR generalists wishing to either continue in a generalist role or specialise in reward.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be able to:
- assess and utilise all the key components of reward management, including contemporary approaches and developments
- diagnose reward issues and determine an appropriate fit between reward schemes and the business and wider external context
- apply reward knowledge and skills with confidence in public, private or voluntary sector settings
- optimise the effectiveness of reward budget spending
- ensure that pay systems are not discriminatory
- develop the reward programme so that it is adaptable and does not become a source of competitive disadvantage
- analyse the relationship between the environment, strategy and systems of reward management
- explore the conceptual apparatus and theoretical debates informing reward management
- critically discuss traditional, contingent and knowledge bases for transactional and relational rewards
- design internally consistent reward structures that recognise labour market and equity constraints
- analyse executive and expatriate rewards in an international context
Course Module 1 : Introductory Workshop (1 day)
This introductory workshop helps you to understand the structure and requirements of the CIPD Advanced LevelAward in Reward Management programme. It identifies the opportunities, challenges and sources of help and support available. It also covers some general aspects of reward management.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- identify the key requirements of the programme
- define the components of reward
- analyse the links between reward, the organisation and the external environment
- explain the factors that influence people to join or leave an organisation
- identify the factors that create engagement and motivate employees to deliver high performance
- evaluate the skills required of reward specialists.
Course Module 2 : Base and Variable Pay (2 days)
This course module focuses on structuring and managing base pay; designing variable pay programmes, and delivering on-going financial support to your business organisation.
Course Module 3 : Benefits, Pensions and Share Schemes (2 days)
This module will give you the the confidence, knowledge and skills to make an influential contribution to the management of your organisation’s benefit plans, pensions, and share schemes.
Course Module 4 : Reward in Context (2 days)
This practical and interactive two-day course module uses case studies to deliver the specialist knowledge needed to aligning reward strategy with the business, HR and organisational strategy. It addresses the reward environment in which the organisation operates and looks at the resources required to manage reward schemes.
Course Module 5 : Global Mobility (1 day)
This course module will help you develop specialist knowledge in global mobility and be better equipped to manage your company’s assignment programme, develop and negotiate expatriate packages and manage the interface with third party providers.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded the CIPD Advanced Level 7 Award in Reward Management.
How to Gain
To be awarded the qualification, you must:
- attend the introductory workshop and four course modules
- complete an online quiz
- successfully complete one written assignment
- complete independent learning
About the CIPD
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives.
We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than100 years. Through our expertise andresearchwe provide a valuablepoint of viewon the rapidly changing world of work. And for our members we’re thecareer partnerof choice, settingprofessional standardsand providing theknow-how to drive the HR and L&D professions forward.
We’re independent and not-for-profit and hold a highly respectedRoyal Charter. We exist to make work and working lives better. And at a time of unprecedented change we have the vision, agility and strength to make a real differenceto our members,to businesses, to the economy and to all working people.
Why study with CIPD Training?
CIPD Training is one of the UK's largest providers of HR and L&D training for businesses and professionals, and our programmes are developed and run by some of the UK’s leading experts. We offer learning solutions that enable HR and L&D practitioners, HR and L&D departments, and line managers across the organisation, to build their capability, and thus drive the performance of their organisation through great people management and development practices.
Full Up-front Qualification Fee £4,399 + VAT
Fees include all tuition, personal tutor support and telephone coaching, assessment, course materials and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation or Award Registration Fee, mandatory for all candidates who are not already CIPD members.
Membership is not mandatory to complete this programme; however we strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members.
Please contact CIPD Training for the next start date
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 6, 2017