Learn French in Angers, in the heart of the Loire Valley
Long stay / intensive training / tailor-made programs Created in 1947, CIDEF is the center of French as a foreign language at the Catholic University of the West (l’Université Catholique de l’Ouest), in Angers, France. With the label qualité FLE, CIDEF courses welcome more than 1500 students and teachers per year. They come from everywhere in the world (about 60 nationalities represented) and study on a campus situated in the town center of Angers, 10 min from the train station.
CIDEF is part of the Faculty of the Humanities.
- French Language and culture classes - Levels : A1 to C2 (beginners to advanced levels) - Communicative and action-oriented approach - Empowerment of the student.
- Personalized assistance and tutoring - Attention to requirements and needs of the student - Reactivity - Respect for the person.
Course offerings - long stay programs
15-week programs / 18 to 21 class hours per week Placement test to determine the groups according to the levels (A1 to C2)
Tuition Fees [2015-2016]
- One semester: 2 760€ - One trimester (from September 29 to December 19): 2 660€ - One week: 235€ Buy your books at Cidef. For long stay programs, your books will cost between 40 and 100 euros.
Discounts are granted to students who have attended the preceding session in its entirety.
- Fall semester: from September 29th 2015 to January 30th 2016 - Spring semester: from February 2nd to June 6th 2016
Diplomas and certification (long stays)
- University diploma of French language and francophone culture (DU) - Preparation for the exams of DELF/DALF, TCF TP and Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Center approved by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Diploma of Business French / Tourism and Hotel Industry) - Center approved by the CIEP for the exams of TCF TP and TCF ANF
Course offerings intensive programs
- From 1 to 4 weeks of intensive French. - An average of 20 students per class (except for oral activities when the groups are divided in two). - French language and culture class (80h in July and August / 90h in September and 60h in January) - Placement test to select the correct group according to the level of the student. - Constant attention, organization of visits, activities and cultural excursions by trained and experienced assistant teachers. - Different formulas of room and board.
Tuition fees [2015-2016]
- July: 1 275€ - August: 1 275€ - September: 1 428€ - Per week in July and August: 335€ - Per week in September: 360€ - January: 955€
- July - August - September - January
Discounts are applied to students having attended the preceding session in its entirety.
A la Carte or Integrated programs
A la Carte program - Who: a self-composed group of 15 students minimum. - Levels: all levels from A1 to C2. - When: all year long. - Program: language, conversation, grammar, history of art, French culture, etc. A diversified program with cultural visits of Angers and the region. - Day trips to prestigious French historical sites (Mont-St Michel / St Malo, Loire Castles, Normandy and D-day beaches, etc.). - Housing: in individual bedroom with families chosen by our Housing Office or in student residences. - Meals: several formulas available (full pension, half pension or other). Integrated programs (classes with the regular students of CIDEF) - Who: self-composed group – No minimum number of students. - Levels: all levels from A1 to C2. - When: all year long except in June. - Program: language, conversation, grammar, history of art, French culture, etc. A diversified program with cultural visits of Angers and the region. - Day trips to prestigious French historical sites (Mont-St Michel / St Malo, Loire Castles, Normandy and D-day beaches, etc.). - Housing: in individual bedroom with families chosen by our Housing Office or in student residences. - Meals: several formulas available (full pension, half pension or other).
Teachers’ training sessions
A la carte programs for your group: language, cultural and pedagogical training - All year long - Duration adapted to the requirements of the trainees - A la carte pedagogical training, adapted to all publics - Minimum 15 trainees in your self-composed group July Teachers training session: language, cultural and pedagogical training - Modular training sessions from 1 to 4 weeks - 15h of class per week - Program available on the CIDEF website - Minimum 15 trainees
You can stay: - In a student residence (foyer), with half pension or full pension - In a homestay (with or without meals)
A place to meet and converse in the heart of the campus, the aumônerie (equivalent to a Newman Center) organizes celebrations, dinner-debates, etc.
Health & accessibility
The UCO campus is equipped with an infirmary, counseling services, and services for students with disabilities. The campus is accessible to students with disabilities.
Clubs and associations
At UCO, the campus life is a great asset! Parties, cinema, and debates, sports (50 different sports available), music, theater, intercultural evenings, humanitarian projects, etc. Plenty of opportunities to get involved, be immersed in the French culture, and have fun.
On the UCO campus, a cafeteria is at your disposal. During the academic year, you also have access to the university restaurant (lunch and dinner, about 4,00€ per meal) that is situated in the town center.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 21, 2017