CEEA International Summer Class
If you love films and TV series and want to write scripts (or already do) ; if you wish to practice your skills in a friendly yet demanding atmosphere, in the heart of one of the world’s most inspiring and beautiful cities... this course is for you !
Our summer class is an intensive 3-week workshop in one of the most prestigious and selective screenwriting schools in France : the Conservatoire Européen d’écriture audiovisuelle (CEEA, European Writing School).
This summer workshop offers a high-quality, hands-on approach to the art of scriptwriting… in a unique learning environment.
The school is located in the stunning 18th century Hôtel de Massa, in the 14th arrondissement. It is right next to the Observatory and just a few streets away from the iconic Luxembourg Gardens, lively Montparnasse area and the Latin Quarter where so many writers, filmmakers and artists have lived, worked and studied.
Designed for international Films, Arts or Literature students (currently in school or having recently graduated) as well as young professionals in the film or TV industry, with a serious passion for screenwriting, our Summer course is managed like a professional writing room, supervised by an experienced and established screenwriter.
During these three weeks,
- Each participant will write an eight-minute short film, from pitch to dialogs
- Genre, topic and characters are not imposed ; setting, story background and format are though, to ensure consistency among the films written during the course.
- Besides writing their script, participants will practice the art of dramaturgy with a little theory, scene analysis and a lot of creative exercises.
- Each participant will read and provide constructive feedback on the other participants’ texts. Learning to read stories is as important as knowing how to write them.
- The plus of the Summer Class: use Paris as unique creative material ! Thanks to the CEEA’s ideal location, participants will be guided through lesser-known neighborhoods (for instance Chinatown and la Butte aux Cailles) and experience in an original way the most famous spots of the Left Bank. Stories, in Paris, are just around the corner !
At the end of the Summer Class, every writer will have written his/her own short film (10 pages max). They will have learnt one of the most stimulating and difficult aspects of the screenwriter’s profession : how to feed a personal point of view and their unique sensitivity into an imposed framework.
- Write a coherent and well structured short fiction
- Improve your narrative tools with exercises and reading
- Find your unique writer’s voice by playing with imposed setting, story background and format
64H / 14 DAYS
DATES: FROM JUNE 28TH TO JULY 20TH (NO CLASS ON FRIDAYS AND WEEK-ENDS)
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10 STUDENTS MAX
PRICE: 3000 EUROS TTC
About the School
Created in 1996 and recognized by the French Ministry of Cultural Affairs, the CEEA’s mission is to train screenwriters and prepare them for their professional environment.