The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States.
At ISSOS we look to prepare students for the future by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to succeed in life beyond the classroom. Over three weeks our business and entrepreneurship program will introduce students to a world beyond academia, through a series of interactive workshops, practical tasks and case studies students will learn about some of the most successful businesses in the world and understand what makes them work.
Students will learn about what it takes to be an entrepreneur and the fundamentals of starting a business and marketing a product. In small groups students will generate ideas for businesses or products and will present these ideas to a panel, in addition the students will research how to market their product and generate interest.
What will it cover?
As well as learning to write a business plan students will investigate the inner workings of a successful company: how a business operates, how to build a successful team and the leadership qualities of effective managers and leaders
Participants are challenged to further develop their interpersonal and leadership skills through an enhanced curriculum that includes:
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- Team building and managing others
- Goal setting and time management
- Marketing of a product and or business
This unique program introduces students to the world of enterprise and helps students in the class room and beyond by building their confidence, developing their communications skill and engaging their imagination to discover their passion for business and the opportunities that surround them.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 70 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2019:
Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £3900 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6100 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2019 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus
Program taught in: