WHY attend this programme?
How is strategy generated in your organization and how can you contribute as a manager? Better strategic understanding and planning leads to better evaluation of future opportunities, smarter allocation of resources, and higher chances of creating long term value. The ability to plan for the future is often a prerequisite for being promoted to higher responsibility. Business Strategy for Managers equips rising managers with the tools and methodologies they need to understand how to develop and implement an effective strategic business plan that is aligned with the corporate strategy.
WHO should attend?
This workshop is for middle managers and upper middle managers who need to understand business strategies and apply strategic decision-making to improve their performance and prepare for higher responsibility.
HOW will you benefit?
As a result of participating in this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Understand the rationale and the tools behind successful business strategies
- Make better decisions that create long term value
- Apply strategic thinking and planning in your department
- Include a plan for successful deployment and execution in your strategy
- Position yourself for higher responsibility
WHAT will you learn and practice?
Before the workshop, you will collect information about your corporate strategy, and the strategy of your division. You’ll also prepare information about the strategic and operational issues faced by your corporation and your unit. You won’t be forced to share any sensitive data with the other participants, but you should come to the workshop equipped with this information for your own reflection and self-application of the learning.
During the workshop, you will learn, through interactive presentation, case study, business examples, interaction and debate with your fellow participants, and application to your own business situation:
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Principles of successful long term strategic planning
- Strategic planning processes and reviews
- Industry analysis models and decision-making criteria ….
- Cascading and deployment processes
- Successful strategy execution framework
Day 1 – Strategy Concepts, Processes and Skills
- What is strategy?
- Strategic intent, strategic thinking and strategic planning skills
- Key steps in the strategic management process
- Key components of strategy and its communication
- Levels of strategy in the organization
Day 2 – Strategic Analysis
- Environmental Analysis
- Scenario Planning
- Customer Value Proposition
- Business Models
- Industry Analysis
- Cost Curves
- Value Chain
- Core Competencies
Day 3 – Strategic Alternatives and Selection
- Strategic issues analysis (applying SWOT to determine objectives)
- Generic Strategies
- Competition profiling
- Generating strategic alternatives
- Decision criteria
- Strategy mapping and strategic management
Day 4 – Implementing Your Strategy
- Assessing the strategy and the plan
- Defining actions, measures and deployments
- Cascades and reviews
- Mitigating against the main causes of strategy execution failures
- Organizational alignment model
- Communicating the plan to all stakeholders
- Action planning
Throughout the workshop, you will be working on case studies and you will exchange with others examples from experience that will allow you to collect ideas and make personal resolutions on how to apply strategic thinking and strategic planning in your current and future areas of responsibility as well as for yourself.
This school offers programs in: