Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
The Business Foundations program is an alternate offering intended for students who have applied to enter an undertaking at the School of Business, but who may not currently meet the English communications admission requirements. Students who are highly motivated to build on their existing English language skills and to develop their understanding of Canadian business culture and practices will benefit from the encouraging learning environment and academic support in the Business Foundations program.
Students will complete courses in:
- Applied business software
- Canadian and international business practices
- Strategies for business success
Upon successful completion of the two-semester program, students will be eligible to transfer, with credits, to a diploma or advanced diploma business program at Centennial College.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent documentation/transcripts from country of origin, or mature student status (19 years or older).
- Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the School of Business, with English Skills Assessment scores of 141, are offered this program as a foundation to their program of choice. Applicants with assessment scores lower than 141 must consult with the Centennial College International Education Office on campus at Suzhou Centennial College.
- Meet English Requirements for Foundations Programs.
- Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
- Smaller class sizes and more individualized attention.
- Carefully measured pace of program delivery.
- Quality learning experiences.
- Strong emphasis on the use of English in a supportive environment.
- Delivered by supportive and experienced professors.
- Business Foundations courses cover a variety of business-focused subject matter, preparing students for a number of diploma programs.
- Completion of the Business Foundations certificate program can help students earn up to six course credits which can be used towards required business courses in other School of Business programs, depending on achieved grade levels.
- Transfer to a Business Diploma program
- Transfer to an Advanced Business Diploma program
- Preparation for a Business Certificate program
Test Name Requirement for Foundations Programs
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band below 5.0
- TOEFL Paper based TOEFL: 507-509
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): 64-68
About the School
Centennial College invites you to discover a rich academic experience and build a global professional network at Suzhou Centennial College in Suzhou, China. Created in association with Suzhou Universi ... Read More