Our Business English classes are designed to help you gain the skills and confidence you need to communicate more effectively in the workplace.
Each course is based on a coursebook appropriate for your level. Teachers will also base lessons around the needs of the group and will utilise materials from authentic sources such as journals, newspapers, videos and podcasts. We provide certain materials free of charge, depending on the length of your course.
Our courses use a communicative methodology, meaning there is a strong focus on speaking and listening skills. They are designed to help you express yourself more fluently and confidently when communicating with clients and colleagues at different levels and in various work situations.
Business English is delivered in small groups and covers skills and topics relevant to today’s professionals. These topics may include: negotiation skills; presentations; telephone skills; interview skills; meetings; networking; emails and written communication.
- minimum English level: B1 Intermediate
- minimum age: 18
- average age: 25
- maximum class size: 6 students
- course length: 4 – 12 weeks
- hours per day: 4
- base cost: £395 per week
- lessons per week: 5
- hours per week: 20
- lesson days: Mon – Fri
- start dates: for next available start date please contact us directly
Who is the course for?
Business English is suitable for language learners at intermediate level and above who want to improve their English for business and the workplace.
- develop your speaking fluency and pronunciation for various work and business situations
- improve your listening skills with a focus on authentic Business English
- widen your English vocabulary over a range of business and workplace topics
- develop your English grammar with a focus on professional uses
- develop reading skills including skimming and scanning techniques
- help you with writing patterns and techniques for business
- help you develop self-study learning strategies
During the course you will
- complete a needs analysis so that lessons can be designed to meet your needs
- develop and widen your range of English for use in business and work environments
- listen to and practise authentic Business English
- take part in pair work, group work and discussions
- take part in role-plays based on situations in the workplace
- practise negotiation skills
- practise business networking skills
- prepare and give presentations on various topics
- learn writing formats for emails, CVs, meeting minutes, agendas, proposals and reports
- have regular homework assignments
- learn practical techniques for self-study
- have one-to-one tutorials with your teacher to assess your progress and set new learning targets
- take regular short tests in order to assess your progress
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018