Launch Your Business Career by the Numbers
For any business, accounting is a crucial function used to monitor performance and as a basis for critical decisions. Qualified accountants are in demand¹ from companies across the spectrum of corporate, government and non-profits; and the field of accounting continues to grow even in a slow economy.
American National University’s associate’s degree program in Accounting² exposes you to all the fundamentals in the field of accounting, including courses in economics, financial accounting, cost analysis, financial reporting and business law.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration–Accounting or Management, this associate’s degree program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for employment as a bookkeeper, accounting clerk, or auditing clerk.
Your Learning Experience
- Learn the use of accounting practices in today’s business world – beginning with individually owned businesses, then to financial reporting and corporate accounting.
- Get ample hands-on experience using the latest accounting software programs while learning the basic principles and procedures of accrual accounting.
- Understand the role and function of topics such as financial, management, valuation of investments, cost of capital, capital structure, dividends and capital budgeting.
- Learn the fundamentals of business, management strategies and organizational structures.
Throughout the curriculum, your program will focus on critical thinking and technology skills; those skills that are key to the success of an accounting professional.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as earn your associate’s degree you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the bachelor’s degree level – areas such as Business Administration–Accounting or Management and Health Care Management.
¹Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012–2013 Edition.
²While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
Cost & Disclosure Information:
NOTE: This program is offered 100% Online through ANU eUniversity in many States. Please chat with Admissions to learn more about program availability in your State.
About the School
In 1886, a group of visionary educators and business leaders saw the need for a higher education institution focused on career-based training to meet workforce needs in the southeastern United States. ... Read More