The Business Administration Degree program provides the student with a broad base of knowledge to assume a wide variety of professional business positions in our ever-changing business environment.
NIACC’s Business Administration program is a dual-purpose program designed to give the student the option of obtaining employment upon graduation or transferring to a four-year institution.
Whether a business is not-for-profit, governmental, or an international corporation, it needs people with skills in business administration. All organizations offer careers that rely heavily on effective business management techniques, making business administration an excellent foundation.
Some of the occupational areas in which job opportunities may be found are:
- General Business (office, shipping, and receiving, quality control)
- Positions within industrial, wholesale or retail firms
- ACC-111 Introduction to Accounting
- BCA-215 Computer Business Applications
- OR BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems
- BUS-102 Introduction to Business
- MGT-101 Principles of Management*
- BUS-121 Business Communications
- OR BUS-130 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- OR BUS-161 Human Relations
- OR General Education elective
- ACC-121 Principles of Accounting I
- BCA-152 Comprehensive Spreadsheets**
- BUS-162 Workplace Professionalism+
- MGT-170 Human Resource Management
- MKT-110 Principles of Marketing
- BUS-185 Business Law I
- ENG-105 Composition I
- FIN-100 Introduction to Finance
- Business Elective(s)
- Natural Science/Mathematics Elective(s)
- BUS-186 Business Law II***
- BUS-269 Insurance and Risk Management
- ENG-106 Composition II****
- Business Elective(s)
*Prerequisite: BUS-102 Introduction to Business is recommended. **Prerequisite: BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems or BCA-215 Computer Business Applications. ***Prerequisite: BUS-185 Business Law I. ****Prerequisite: ENG-105 Composition I. +If you anticipate achieving a two-year degree, enroll in a Business Elective your first year and BUS-162 Workplace Professionalism your second year, preferably the Fourth Term.
About the School
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) is a nationally-ranked, two-year institution located in North Central Iowa that serves students of all ages and abilities. Starting in 1918 as Mason City Juni ... Read More