Developed by Le Cordon Bleu Paris, the Boulangerie Diploma trains future professionals and entrepreneurs in essential boulangerie techniques, as well as new trends in the field.
This program will give students all the necessary skills to work in a traditional boulangerie or in a production business in France or abroad. During the program students:
- Acquire the principle techniques used in artisanal boulangerie
- Learn the production process and how to work in a team
- Acquire a repertoire of traditional and modern boulangerie recipes
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- Anyone looking to acquire the essential theoretical and practical knowledge in boulangerie
- For professionals looking for a career change
- Anyone looking to work in the boulangerie profession as an artisan or employee within a breadbaking company
The training is based on hands-on practical courses. Theory classes, lectures, and visits to places related to the boulangerie sector are included in the program.
This Diploma is composed of two levels, Basic and Advanced, and a 2-month mandatory internship. During this program, students have 280 hours of class, including: theoretical classes, practical classes, visits and conferences.
The classes are given in French and translated into English.
In this level, students become familiar with the equipment used in boulangerie. After an introduction to the rules of hygiene and baking, they:
- Learn to work with the different types of flour used in France
- Learn the different methods of kneading dough (manual and mechanical)
- Prepare basic recipes for making bread and viennoiseries (Danish pastries)
- Are introduced to boulangerie decoration
- Are introduced to working with doughs made with a fermented dough starter and a "poolish" (sponge) (a type of pre-fermentation)
Prerequisite: Basic Boulangerie Certificate
This course is centered on learning about different types of fermentation and on the fundamentals of flavor in bread. Students learn:
- How to make and use a natural leaven starter
- How to work with liquid and solid leavens
- How to work with farine de tradition (Traditional flour as defined by French law)
- How to work with puff pastry
- How to make baguettes, brioches, croissants, beignets (fritters and doughnuts), turnovers and derivative products
SCHEDULE, FEES AND FACILITIES
The schedule for the Bakery Diploma is based on 15 to 18 hours of class a week. Courses usually take place in the morning from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm and can take place in the evening and/or during the weekend.
Courses will take place in an annexe of Le Cordon Bleu Paris school in the 13th arrondissement of Paris.
The total cost for the Diplôme de Boulangerie is 12 600€ (The uniform and the equipment are included).
This school offers programs in: