Biology is a diverse subject that can cover many specialized fields. We offer courses in many biological sciences, from Anatomy to Zoology. We also provide useful courses for those who plan to go into medical or nursing careers. Our Biological Sciences degree programs meet the transfer requirements for many different kinds of fields.
TRANSFER AND MAJOR REQUIREMENTS in Biological Sciences are available in the Counseling Center. Transfer students planning to major in Biology, Botany, Zoology, Ecology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Forestry, Wildlife Management, Natural Resources, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Optometry and Pharmacy should consult with a counselor for specific transfer requirements.
A.S. Degree If you’re interested in any kind of field in biology, this is the degree program you need. We provide you with coursework to meet the transfer requirements for over twenty kinds of fields. The careers paths you can take range from Forestry to Occupational Therapy. A Biological Science A.S. degree can also help you get an entry-level position in the field of your choice.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs)
- Apply the scientific method to design, conduct experiments, and test hypotheses.
- Conduct scientific literature review, critically evaluate, and interpret biological information.
- Outline the organization and integration of biological systems.
- Apply laboratory and/or field skills necessary to answer biological questions.
- As an informed and responsible individual, evaluate contemporary biological issues that have social and/or ethical implications.
About the School
Sierra College is a two year community college and offers a wide selection of associate degree programs, on-campus housing, guaranteed transfer agreements to California universities, affordable tuitio ... Read More