Bilingual Foundation Degree in Art & Design: Learn & Travel
Go abroad! Gain the unique experience of studying art! Learn, Travel, and Network!
You will explore a variety of artistic courses and dive into Fashion, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, and Illustration. Developed by the Canvas School of Arts, the European Foundation Degree in Art & Design aims to let students create by having fun, travelling and learning a new language!
A program taught in English that combines Design studies with learning a new language and traveling all over Europe.
Pick the program that meets your needs:
- 10 months - Bilingual European Foundation degree in Art & Design. This 10-month experience is the option we highly recommend! You will be able to fully live the Canvas’ experience. A true immersion in the artistic world of the school combined with learning French intensively while discovering the most popular cities around Europe. After successfully completing the 10-month program you will be awarded the Bilingual European Foundation Degree in Arts and Design Degree. Accredited by Canvas School of Arts and the FEDE (Federation for Education in Europe), this program has been designed for international creative students with the school’s signature "Creating as Thinking" approach.
- 3 months - Intensive Art and Language Program. Canvas School of Arts gives you the opportunity to follow our program over a shorter more intense period. The 3 month program will give you the opportunity to learn a range of basic artistic skills of numerous artistic while learning French and visiting cities around Europe. If you choose this version, there are several enrollment dates available! You can start the program either in Autumn, Winter or Spring.
- 2 months - Summer Art Break Program. Come and discover Switzerland during the summer break! Attend Visual Arts courses, learn French and experience Swiss lifestyle while also visiting cities around Europe.
Who Should Apply?
- Any student who has just finished high school.
- Any student with a degree (in any field) who plans to continue their studies and would like to work in the Visual Arts or Fashion industries.
- Anyone interested in an international artistic experience while learning a new language or vice versa.
Fashion - Art - Graphic Design - Illustration
Developed by CANVAS School of Arts, the European Foundation Degree in Art & Design lets students create by having fun, travelling and learning a new language! By enrolling, you will learn the basics of many artistic fields with the opportunity to specialize in one of four areas:
- Fashion and Textiles
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
Our experienced teachers are specialized in providing students with all the necessary tools to succeed in your future academic career or professional integration. They adapt and adjust their teaching methods to each individual learner while considering the expectations of the highly competitive labor market.
After successful completion of the course, students have a broad understanding and experience of Art & Design fundamentals along with an innovative portfolio. And they can easily go on to undertake a Bachelors in their area of specialization at CANVAS or with another Arts School.
Bilingual Foundation Degree in Art & Design Degree
The Art & Design Foundation Degree is an introductory year, which allows students to transit from their previous studies of training to arts and design studies.
You will benefit from an introduction in all types of art skills and practices such as drawing, painting, fashion, textiles, installation art, printmaking, graphic illustration, 3D design, and fine art, as well as the creation of your portfolio for your future application to an Arts School.
Our Foundation Degree program has been designed to help students generate creative ideas and teaches them to think outside of the box to come up with innovative problem solving, and critical thinking techniques. You will be regularly asked to take new directions in your work and to imagine different possibilities and perspectives while taking creative risks that might push you outside your comfort zone.
You will learn through experimentation and will develop your own lateral thinking in order to approach art and design from multiple angles to enable you to start developing your own style.
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Pursue further studies in the fields of Community Arts, Art Education or Gallery and Arts Administration
- Become an Independent Art & Design practitioner
- Undertake an Undergraduate degree (Bachelor) in Art & Design at CANVAS or an another institution, after meeting entry requirements
You will be able to study French and to improve your English over the course of the program. At CANVAS, we are first and foremost a team of enthusiastic artists with a strong impact on the artistic community in Switzerland and abroad.
Throughout the program, you will regularly visit European cities. These enriching journeys will give you the chance to discover European Art & Design history and culture.
With CANVAS, you will develop your own style and will grow as a person. You will face new challenges and gain new experiences outside of your comfort zone along with creating new relationships for life. CANVAS will provide you with the opportunity to meet people and artists from all over the world. You will be artistically inspired by the multicultural environment you will be immersed in, as well as your trips to Europe’s most famous and historic cities.
About the School
CANVAS Ecole Art-Mode is a Swiss Arts College specialized in Fashion and Graphic Design. Based in Lausanne, Switzerland, the school has over 25 years’ experience training students to enter the Visual ... Read More