Go abroad! Gain the unique experience of studying art! Learn, Travel and Network!
You will explore a variety of artistic courses and dive into the Fashion, Fine Arts, Graphic Design and 3D design universe. While developing your artistic skills, you will learn a new language and visit European cities, with the guarantee of having the best time of your life!
A program taught in English combining Design studies, learning a new language and traveling all over the European Continent.
Do you take an interest in Arts and want to gain an incredible experience while enhancing your CV with new competences? Then this is your chance!
Pick the program that meets your needs:
- 10 months - Bilingual European foundation degree in Arts and Design diploma. This 10-month experience is the option we highly recommend! You will be able to fully live the Canvas’ experience. A true immersion in the artistic world combined with the learning of a new language while discovering the most popular cities of Europe. Completing the 10-month version successfully, you will be rewarded with the Bilingual European Foundation Degree in Arts and Design Diploma.
Validated by the Canvas School of Arts and the FEDE (Federation for Education in Europe), this program has been designed towards a "Creating as Thinking" approach.
- 3 months - Intensive Art and Language Program. Canvas School of Arts gives you the opportunity to follow our program in a shorter and more intense version. It will give you the basic skills of numerous artistic courses and you will improve substantially the chosen language.
If you choose this version, there are several enrollment dates available! You can start the program either in Autumn, Winter or Spring.
- 2 months - Summer Art and Break Program. Come and discover Switzerland during the summer break! Attend Visual Arts courses, deepen your knowledge in a language and enjoy the Swiss lifestyle
Who Should Apply?
- Any student who has just finished high school.
- Any student with a degree in any field who wishes to continue their studies and aims to work in the field of visual arts.
- Anyone desiring an international artistic experience while learning a new language or vice versa.
Fashion - Art - Graphic - Design
Developed by the Canvas School of Arts, the European Foundation Degree in Arts and Design program is directed towards a "Creating as enjoying" approach. By enrolling, you will learn the basics of many artistic courses with the opportunity to specialize in one of four areas:
- Fashion and Textiles
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- Three-Dimensional Design
Our experienced teachers are specialized in providing you with all the necessary tools to succeed in your future academic career or professional integration. They adapt and adjust their teaching methods to each individual learner while considering the expectations of the high-demanding labor market.
After successful completion of the course, our students with broad experience and innovative portfolios can undertake a bachelor’s in arts at Canvas and Worldwide.
Bilingual European foundation degree in Arts and Design diploma
The Art and Design Foundation Diploma is an introductory year, which allows students to transit from their previous studies of formation to arts and design studies.
You will benefit from an introduction in all types of practices of arts such as drawing, painting, fashion, textiles, installation art, printmaking, graphic illustration, 3D design, and fine art, as well as the creation of your portfolio for your future application in an art and design education degree.
Our Foundation Diploma program has been designed towards generating creative ideas, thinking out of the box problem solving, and critical thinking You will be regularly asked to take new directions and envision new perspectives while taking risks and being outside of your comfort zone.
You will learn through experimentation and will develop your lateral thinking in order to approach arts from multiple angles and start developing your own style.
After completing the program, you may have the opportunity to:
- Deepen your studies in the fields of community arts, art education, and gallery and arts administration.
- Be an independent art and design practitioner.
- Undertake an undergraduate Art and Design degree (Bachelor) at Canvas School of Arts or any alternative institution, after meeting the entry requirements.
You will have the choice to learn one of Switzerland’s national languages (French, German, or Italian) or deepen your knowledge in English.
At Canvas, we are first and foremost a team of enthusiastic artists with a strong impact on the artistic community in Switzerland and abroad.
Throughout our program, you will also regularly visit European cities. These enriching journeys will give you the chance to discover European Art and Design Culture.
With Canvas, you will develop your own style and furthermore, you will grow as a person. You will face new challenges and gain new experiences outside of your comfort zone along with creating new relationships for life. Canvas provides you with the opportunity to meet people and artists from all over the world. You will be artistically inspired by the multicultural environment you will immerse yourself in, not least because of our trips in Europe.
Program taught in: