L'ESSENTIEL: Basics of French Cuisine
The aim of this training is to allow students to learn the basics of cookery and to master the creation of the basic elements.
Practical Lessons: 6 weeks
- Make basic recipes: sauces, vinaigrettes, mayonnaises, stocks, etc.
- Make basic starters: soups, quiches, salads, etc.
- Make fish and seafood dishes: moules marinières, whiting à l’Anglaise, sole bonne-femme, etc.
- Make meat dishes: roast poultry, sautéed veal, beef stew, stews, grilled meat, etc.
- Make vegetable side dishes in keeping with the focal meat or fish
- Make classic desserts: fruit tarts, filled choux buns, layered desserts, moka, bavarois, etc.
- Assessment of progress
Work placement: 1 week with a company
A week’s work placement application in LENÔTRE production workshops is organised after passing the exams. Otherwise, a catch-up session is offered.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 7, 2018