The Hands-On Experience You Want and Need
- We offer a holistic approach to the study of theatre -our students develop skills in all aspects of production, including: acting, directing, design, set construction, lighting, sound, playwriting, and dramaturgy.
- Because we are small, we can offer all of our students a chance to be involved - as actors, directors, designers, managers, etc.
- You'll learn everything you need to know to be a valuable contributor to a community, professional, or four-year university theatre.
Professional Connections in an Exciting Location
Cañada College is located half an hour from San Francisco, and half an hour from San Jose. These two culturally diverse and artistically vibrant cities offer exciting opportunities for those interested in starting a career in theater arts.
- We are planning to offer students internships, visits from guest artists and administrators, and other opportunities to network with professionals in the field.
- Support From Your Dedicated and Knowledgeable Instructors
- We understand that your success is our success.
- We make use of email, cell phone, and even iChat to make sure that you can get a hold of us when you need to.
- We offer guidance on development of professional tools that will really help you promote yourself, such as headshots, resumes, and portfolios.
Careers In Theatre Arts
Graduates can pursue careers in: acting for stage, film, and television; voiceover for radio, TV, and video games, disk jockey; teaching drama and public speaking to children and adults in schools, theatres, and professional environments; directing for film, television, and the stage; writing for film, television, and the stage; stage management, event management, talent agent, casting director, company manager, executive director; public relations, marketing; sound design, broadcast technician, light design, makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe manager; carpentry, electric engineering.
Where are They Now?
The Cañada Theatre Arts Department can point with satisfaction to a significant and steadily growing number of its former students who go on to professional stage, film, and television work as performers, producers, and technicians - and also to the many gratified amateurs.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking in the creative process.
- Use the language of the discipline; demonstrate to command of critical vocabulary
- Describe the roles of creative expression in human cultures
- Engage with the arts; integrate the arts into life.
- Use critical thinking in evaluating works of art in intrinsic terms, expressive content, and social context