Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Implement, test and debug a medium-size computer program that is stylistically and functionally correct, based on an object-oriented design model.
- Construct reliable, robust, object oriented solutions to problems involving the storage, retrieval and update of large quantities of data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more computer programming languages.
- Communicate technical concepts both in writing and orally.
Complete General Education and other requirements listed for Associate degree and
Major requirements: 31 semester units
A grade of "C" or higher is required for each course applied to the major.
- CIS 255 (CS1) Programming Methods: Java 4.0 units
- CIS 278 (CS1) Programming Methods: C++ 4.0 units
- CIS 256 (CS2) Data Structures: Java 4.0 units
- CIS 279 (CS2) Data Structures: C++ 4.0 units
- MATH 251 Calculus with Analytic Geometry I 5.0 units
- MATH 252 Calculus with Analytic Geometry II 5.0 units
- ENGL 100/105 Composition and Reading 3.0 units
*Plus, select 4 or more units from CIS courses numbered 110 or higher
*Plus, select 6 or more units from MATH 253, 268, 270, 275; PHYS 250
Please note that the majority/all of the programs are available at all of our three Colleges.