The 180-credit BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma extends and deepens the specialist work-related focus from the BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma and the BTEC Level 3 Diploma. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for appropriate direct employment in the vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they clearly wish to enter a particular specialist area of work. It is broadly equivalent to three GCE A Levels. Some learners may wish to gain the qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment or to progress to a higher education foundation degree, HND or other professional development programmes. Other learners may want to extend the specialist nature of the subjects they studied on the Level 3 BTEC Diploma or another programme of study.
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the engineering sector to give education and training for employees in the engineering industries. It helps engineering employees in the mechanical engineering sector opportunities to achieve a nationally recognized level 3 vocationally-specific qualification.
It gives full-time learners the opportunity to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Diplomas in various Engineering programmes. It gives learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Alexander Dummer / Pexels
- Health & Safety in Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Commercial Aspect of Engineering Organizations
- Further Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices & Circuits
- Engineering Projects
- Engineering Design
- Principles and Applications of Thermodynamics
- Advanced Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Electronic Circuit Design & Manufacture
- Principles and Applications of Analogue Electronics
Students are eligible to apply after completion of grade 10th of CBSE or American Curriculum with 50% or above or grade 11th/O levels in case of British curriculum with 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above.
|Application fee*||Registration fee (yearly)||Tuition fee (yearly)|
|2,100 AED||2,200 AED||27,500 AED|
All Fees are subject to revision and would be revised on a yearly basis.
All Fees are subject to 5%VAT as per the Federal Tax Authority.
*Application & Registration Fees are non-refundable
About the School
The University of Bolton, Academic Centre – Ras Al Khaimah was first established in 2008 and is licensed by the Government of Ras Al Khaimah. We offer Undergraduate and Post Graduate degree programmes ... Read More