Intensive two-week autumn course
As with our standard courses, Autumn Course will include classroom lessons combined with social and cultural activities to facilitate learning in authentic communicative situations.
- Students: Minimum age 18. Minimum Spanish level: A2 (Pre-intermediate)
- Places available: 10 per fortnight and course. Minimum group size: 6 students.
- Class units per two weeks
- 60 sessions. 55 minutes per lesson
- 15-20 sessions: business Spanish
- 10 lessons: Spanish pronunciation and accent
Monday to Friday: 9:00-13:30 / 15:00- 17:00
Social and cultural activities will take place after 17.00 and at the weekends
- 2nd to 15th of September, 2019
- 16th to 29th of September, 2019
- 14th to 27th of October, 2019
- 4th to 17th of November,2019
- 18th of November to 1st of December, 2019
Task-based approach. We teach our students to express themselves fluently in meaningful communicative situations. We incorporate real-life learning tasks and activities in the city. The variant of Spanish that we teach is educated central-northern Peninsular Spanish. However, we ensure that our students are also exposed to different dialects and sociolects, enabling them to interact with native Spanish speakers regardless of their variant of Spanish.
Skills: Oral and written expression, listening and reading comprehension, interaction.
Dynamics: individual, pair-work and group activities.
Social and Cultural Activities
- Business meeting
- Guided tour and wine tasting at a leading winery in the province of León.
- Expert-led guided tours to four historical buildings and museums in León: the Cathedral, MUSAC (Museum of Contemporary Art), the Basilica of San Isidoro, the Sierra Pambley foundation…
- Visit Riaño (“León fjords”) or Las Médulas, a biosphere reserve in El Bierzo, a unique district within the Province of León.
- Cultural activities will also include concerts, theatre, and exhibitions being staged in León while the course is in progress.
Our cultural activities are intended to serve as an opportunity to learn more Spanish, so students are accompanied by a teacher and carry out tasks and exercises to promote their speaking and listening skills in Spanish, while at the same time enjoying a taste of León´s vibrant cultural and social life and interacting with Spanish speakers.
(If a programmed activity had to be suspended for one or other reason, it will be replaced by another similar one).
Director: Graduate in Spanish Philology, specialized in teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
Experts professionals in the world of BUSINESS, the arts, literature, music, and technology.
Specific pronunciation and accent sessions led by an actor and drama teacher.
Hotel in the center of León
Single, en-suite rooms in a 3-4 stars hotel. Breakfast included. Optional lunch and dinner.
According to availability:
- Real Colegiata de San Isidoro
- Albany León
- Conde Luna
The registration fee includes:
- Travel, accident and health insurance. Required
- Educational materials
- Proof of enrolment and English-speaking assistance with visa applications
- Travel from and to Madrid. Optional
Program taught in: