Since our inception in 1989, the Recording Connection has helped thousands of students launch their careers by placing them as working apprentices (externs) in real recording studios across the United States, Canada, Australia and the U.K. We do this by partnering with hundreds of carefully screened producers and engineers to mentor our students on-the-job and one-on-one. Many of our mentors are Grammy-winners who have worked with superstars and Platinum-selling artists.
The Recording Connection Audio Engineering Program
- Do you dream of working in the recording studio with some of the best musicians in the world?
- Do you have a great ear for what sounds good and want to leverage that talent for income?
- Do you do your own recordings at home but want to take your skills to the next level?
- Do you love the creative energy of recording in a studio?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- Are you able to work with different types of personalities?
- Are you creative, reliable and hard-working?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, please read on:
BEING SMART ABOUT YOUR NEW CAREER AS AN AUDIO ENGINEER BEGINS WITH MAKING SMART CHOICES ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION. DON’T BE FOOLED: YOU CAN’T GAIN THE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR CONNECTIONS YOU NEED INSIDE AN OVERPRICED AUDIO SCHOOL CLASSROOM, OR THROUGH AN ONLINE COURSE--AND THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS TO START YOUR CAREER SADDLED WITH A TON OF STUDENT DEBT. WHAT YOU REALLY NEED IS TO LEARN ON-THE-JOB FROM SOMEONE WHO IS ALREADY SUCCESSFUL AS AN AUDIO ENGINEER. THE RECORDING CONNECTION CAN PUT YOU THERE, FOR A FRACTION OF WHAT IT COSTS TO GO TO TRADITIONAL SCHOOL.
Prepare for a career as an audio engineer learning directly from the pros, apprenticing (externing) under a seasoned audio engineer. Break into the music industry by getting inside it from day one. Tuition is just $9,400.
- Learn on-the-job from day one in a world-class recording studio, not a classroom.
- Be trained in the studio as an apprentice (extern), not a student in a classroom or a nameless intern.
- Learn one-on-one from an established industry professional who serves as your mentor. One teacher to one student.
- Learn in a real recording studio near where you live, or where you want to live. (Hundreds of locations available.)
- Learn from someone who makes the kind of music you want to make (e.g., pop, rock electronic music, hip hop, R&B, jazz, classical, rock, country, punk rock, etc).
- Extremely low tuition enables you to graduate with little or no debt.
- Make legitimate, real-world industry connections that help plug you into the music industry.
THE RECORDING CONNECTION IS KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE INDUSTRY AS THE GOOD GUYS—THE PROGRAM THAT ACTUALLY HELPS YOU CONNECT TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY—AND WE HAVE WE HAVE THE ENDORSEMENTS AND STUDENTS’ SUCCESS STORIES TO BACK UP OUR CLAIMS.
View our Audio Sound Engineering Course Curriculum