The Associate of Worship Leadership degree seeks:
- To graduate competent musicians for the local or global church and music marketplace;
- To produce biblically formed and theologically informed musicians;
- To equip gifted songwriters who compose for the Church and marketplace;
- To prepare skilled video, audio, and innovative media technicians;
- To place graduates in appropriate ministry and music industry contexts.
A graduate of the Associate of Worship Leadership degree will be able to:
- Organize & successfully administrate all aspects of contemporary congregational worship;
- Demonstrate the technical, music and leadership skills necessary for effectively leading contemporary congregational worship;
- Analyze problems in their field (worship leadership) and develop collaborative solutions or strategies to resolve those problems;
- Communicate with musicians, artists, technicians, and local church pastors through effective teaching, writing, and listening skills;
- Evaluate their personal strengths and weaknesses honestly in the light of biblical wisdom and regular pastoral accountability;
- Pastor and build biblical community among their local church musicians, artists, and technicians;
- Serve, contribute to, and creatively execute the worship vision of local church pastors and leaders.
Once admitted to The King’s University, an audition is a required component for acceptance into the AWL degree program.
*AWL Acceptance space is limited. AWL Degree is currently offered on-ground only.
Audition Days for Spring 2017 Entry:
Audition Days for Fall 2017 Entry:
- March 24 & 31
- May 15-18
- May 22-26
Audition Requirements for International Students ONLY:
- For Spring 2017 Entry, TKU application must be submitted and accepted by October 31, 2016. Audition to be completed before November 18, 2016.
- For Fall 2017 Entry, TKU application must be submitted and accepted by May 1, 2017. Audition to be completed before May 27, 2017.