Online Associates Paralegal Studies Degree
The associate degree program offers the opportunity for students to study legal principles online at a depth and degree that will give them a competitive edge in the paralegal field. Upon completion of the fifteen courses in the degree program, students can sit for the National Association for Legal Assistants (NALA) Certificate exam. Paralegal students are given a student-account with Westlaw and become efficient in performing online legal research. Students will also take specialty courses and general education courses for a well-rounded education. Earn your paralegal degree online and advance your career.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will have acquired the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Take and pass the CLA/CP exam given by the National Association of Legal Assistants, and earn the designation Certified Paralegal / Certified Legal Assistant.
- Perform advanced legal research and writing tasks using online and in-person library resources for a wide variety of legal problems.
- Prepare and write legal memoranda, motions, and other court documents for review by an attorney.
- Draft interoffice memoranda for the purpose of advising or informing supervising attorneys.
- Edit and refine previously prepared legal documents to accommodate changes in circumstances and changes in law.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing letters, memoranda, and other communications in a corporate or law firm environment.
- Apply concepts from a wide variety of legal disciplines, as well as other disciplines such as business, mathematics and psychology, to their assigned tasks in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Enter ALU’s Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies degree program without further academic preparation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 26, 2016