The Mathematics Program is designed to prepare a student for entry-level studies in general mathematics and for further education in mathematics-related areas of study. A two-year curriculum in mathematics is available for students who plan to obtain an Associate in Science degree by completing the NHSC requirements. Program Outcomes:
- Apply Mathematical reasoning and procedures to real-world problems.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, the process by which they approach problems, and the conclusions drawn from solving them.
- Recognize the Historical Roots of Mathematics, and the ways in which Mathematics has affected the history of human intellectual endeavors.
- Utilize scientific methodology and Mathematical analysis to investigate their physical and social environments.
- Use technology to calculate, graph, and analyze data.
- Appreciate the history and culture of the Nueta, Hidatsa, and Sahnish people.
Professional Course Requirements
- MA 129 Basic Linear Algebra
- MA 165 Calculus I
- MA 166 Calculus II
- MA 210 Elementary Statistics
- MA 280 College Geometry
- MA Elective
About the School
The Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College was granted continued accreditation on July 12, 2006, by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. ... Read More