The Mathematics and Computer Science Department at Mt. SAC offers courses in pre-collegiate and college-level mathematics, as well as in computer science, including fundamentals, programming, and data structures. The department has over 90 faculty members and provides various learning and computing resources to students. Explore our web site to learn more about our courses, faculty, labs, and other resources.
Upon successful completion of Mt. San Antonio College’s Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer degree requirements, the student will have demonstrated understanding of differential and integral calculus of one and several variables including infinite series, vector analysis, partial derivatives and transcendental functions, as well as demonstrating knowledge of linear algebra and differential equations. This coursework will satisfy the lower-division mathematics requirements at California State University. Guaranteed admission with junior status to the CSU system will be granted in mathematics (or possibly statistics).
To earn an Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer a student must complete 60-semester units that are eligible for transfer to the CSU that consist of IGETC pattern or CSU GE breadth and a major of at least 18 units. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework to receive an associate degree for transfer and all courses in the major must be completed with a C or better. Students earning an associate degree for transfer will not be required to complete any other local graduation requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Translate real-world phenomena and conceptual ideas into mathematical symbols and equations.
- Use mathematical tools to manipulate, simplify, and transform mathematical expressions.
- Model real-world phenomenon using mathematical equations.
- Develop techniques to analyze and interpret data.
- Use mathematical tools to effectively communicate outcomes of experiments and describe the nature of the real-world phenomenon and conceptual ideas.
- Develop the ability to effectively use numbers and other abstract representations of the real-world phenomenon and conceptual ideas.
Career Services provides employment assistance and opportunities for Mt. SAC students and alumni. To accomplish this, we partner directly with local employers and help them find qualified candidates. We also offer a variety of services to assist Mt. SAC students and alumni including but not limited to;
- Check out internet resources to research potential careers, labor market information and more!
- Explore our career resources library and computer lab.
Acquire employment skills:
- Attend workshops on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing skills, mock interviews, career-specific topics and more.
- Get a one-on-one resume, cover letter, interviewing and general job search assistance with one of our career specialists.
- Participate in the Disney College Program.
- Find internships.
And get a job!
- Search hundreds of job postings updated daily via Mountie CareerSource.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with employers.
- Attend our career fairs.
Any person who is 18 years old and not currently enrolled in High School or any person possessing a high school diploma or its equivalent is eligible for admission to Mt. San Antonio College. Admission to Mt. San Antonio College includes the filing of an application for admission by the student and the filing of transcripts from high school or college(s) the student previously attended. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts from the last high school attended and any college(s) attended. Transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for courses at Mt. SAC.
About the School
At Mt. SAC, students can get the full college experience without the full college debt. We give our students the support and excellent education they need to succeed in new careers, gain admission int ... Read More